The Student Room Group

Is a math tutor worth it?

Hi, I am a year 13 student who is taking alevel maths. I am currently on C/Ds for math and I need an A. Is getting a tutor worth it or should I just try to do it myself (if tutor is worth it then please send me any affordable online ones bc some of these are ridiculously expensive 😭)
Original post by student_1077
Hi, I am a year 13 student who is taking alevel maths. I am currently on C/Ds for math and I need an A. Is getting a tutor worth it or should I just try to do it myself (if tutor is worth it then please send me any affordable online ones bc some of these are ridiculously expensive 😭)

why are you spelling maths the american way lol

from my experience tutors are only worth it for helping you with problems you can't answer. you need to work on the textbook as much as you can by yourself as a first step, master that and then go to the tutor to sort out any remaining problems
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by A Rolling Stone
why are you spelling maths the american way lol

from my experience tutors are only worth it for helping you with problems you can't answer. you need to work on the textbook as much as you can by yourself as a first step, master that and then go to the tutor to sort out any remaining problems

I thought everyone spelt it like that haha

Yh looking at it a tutor isn’t as needed because you’ll be doing the same thing without them. Math is just practice then. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest