The Student Room Group

GSCE Maths or A-Level Maths?

I did GSCE in Maths and got a C in 2007, however due to how long ago this was, I barely remember anything. I am changing careers (from Property Management to IT/Cyber Security) and ideally need better Maths results/strengthen my Maths skills. Is it worth me retaking GSCE Maths or doing an A-Level in Maths?
Any advice/information would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
I would probably do my GCSE again to get a higher mark or I would look for a university where they accept me with that grade.
Original post by jmica
I did GSCE in Maths and got a C in 2007, however due to how long ago this was, I barely remember anything. I am changing careers (from Property Management to IT/Cyber Security) and ideally need better Maths results/strengthen my Maths skills. Is it worth me retaking GSCE Maths or doing an A-Level in Maths?
Any advice/information would be much appreciated.

Maybe do GCSE maths to establish a base in maths, a-level maths is most likely to build up on gcse. Good resources for gcse maths are mathsgenie and gcse maths tutor, use them for reference when you get stuck if you do gcse maths
Reply 3
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Maybe do GCSE maths to establish a base in maths, a-level maths is most likely to build up on gcse. Good resources for gcse maths are mathsgenie and gcse maths tutor, use them for reference when you get stuck if you do gcse maths

Thank you so much, I will definitely check that out.
Reply 4
Original post by H&A
I would probably do my GCSE again to get a higher mark or I would look for a university where they accept me with that grade.

Thank you, I am not currently looking to do another degree. Maybe in the future I will do Computer Science.

Quick Reply

Latest