The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MPP 24/25 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hello Everyone! Very excited about this. Has anyone heard back from the University or the application process in general?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hello Everyone! Very excited about this. Has anyone heard back from the University or the application process in general?

Original Anon 2 here (Brazilian). They said we would hear from them in 8 to 10 weeks after the deadline. So ~ March.1st to 15th.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Original Anon 2 here (Brazilian). They said we would hear from them in 8 to 10 weeks after the deadline. So ~ March.1st to 15th.

Thank you

So we should expect to hear from Blavatnik by March 15th at the latest?
Original post by alexzibzib

That was my understanding of it, but I mean, I’m just an applicant as well hahah
Has anyone here applied for the MPP at Cambridge as well? And if so, have you heard back?
Original post by pinkglitterz29
Has anyone here applied for the MPP at Cambridge as well? And if so, have you heard back?
Hi, I applied for the Cambridge programme as well and waiting to hear back from them, currently my application is under review by the department.

I also have an unconditional offer from LSE.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 27
Hi, I applied for the Cambridge programme as well and waiting to hear back from them, currently my application is under review by the department.

I also have an unconditional offer from LSE.
Hey, I also have an offer from LSE! Many congratulations!
Original post by MaitreyeeS17
Hey, I also have an offer from LSE! Many congratulations!
That's great, congratulations to you as well!

If you get an offer from Blavatnik, will you choose Oxford over LSE?
Reply 29
That's great, congratulations to you as well!

If you get an offer from Blavatnik, will you choose Oxford over LSE?
I have partial funding from LSE, so entirely depends on where I can get funded.
Original post by MaitreyeeS17
I have partial funding from LSE, so entirely depends on where I can get funded.
Same situation as mine. I got an unconditional offer from LSE as well but couldn't take it as I wasn't able to secure Chevening scholarship. Now my hope is on Oxford, which has a country-specific scholarship for me, If I get the offer. Though I don't really expect it, to be honest. Hope you have a better chance than me.
Still no news from dphil in public policy applicants?
Original post by Yawee.butrkw
Same situation as mine. I got an unconditional offer from LSE as well but couldn't take it as I wasn't able to secure Chevening scholarship. Now my hope is on Oxford, which has a country-specific scholarship for me, If I get the offer. Though I don't really expect it, to be honest. Hope you have a better chance than me.
Aww, I am sorry to hear about the Chevening…

It is the same story in my case (have an offer from LSE and awaiting Oxford’s and Cambridge’s decisions), but I have been shortlisted for the Chevening interview, which will take place in April- hopefully will be able to secure the funding, otherwise won’t be able to afford to study in UK…

P.S. I hope you will get and offer from Oxford and secure the scholarship from them!
Aww, I am sorry to hear about the Chevening…

It is the same story in my case (have an offer from LSE and awaiting Oxford’s and Cambridge’s decisions), but I have been shortlisted for the Chevening interview, which will take place in April- hopefully will be able to secure the funding, otherwise won’t be able to afford to study in UK…

P.S. I hope you will get and offer from Oxford and secure the scholarship from them!
I have an unconditional offer from LSE as well, but I’ve applied to the Political Science (Comparative Politics) programme there. I have also been shortlisted for the Chevening interview, but mine will be in March, 14. Hope everything works out for all of us who are so eager to attend the MPP that ended up here.
Original post by pinkglitterz29
Hey, yes I have. Recieved an offer
I hope so, however, the application confirmation email sent by BSG mentions late march- so not really sure. I believe other taught Master's decisions are out now.
I have an unconditional offer from LSE as well, but I’ve applied to the Political Science (Comparative Politics) programme there. I have also been shortlisted for the Chevening interview, but mine will be in March, 14. Hope everything works out for all of us who are so eager to attend the MPP that ended up here.
Good luck with your Chevening interview. Mine is in mid April. I hope we will hear some good news from BSG before our interviews.
Original post by Anonymous #7
Hey, yes I have. Recieved an offer
Can you please tell more about the application timeline? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous #7
I hope so, however, the application confirmation email sent by BSG mentions late march- so not really sure. I believe other taught Master's decisions are out now.
3-4 more weeks to wait and I hope all of us would celebrate the offer!
Can you please tell more about the application timeline? Thanks.
Sure! Submitted my app by early december- I did not recieve an email, but frantically kep checking the status on the website every few days. Around January end, the status changed to PAO Review. On Feb 6th got my offer with an email update. Generally, after PAO update, even their website mentions within 10 days you should have a decision. If your application reaches that stage, most probably an offer is made - however, please note it is conditional (the conditions are quite normal like uploading your financial dec form, visa form, and so on).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending