The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

can i study MechEng with these a levels?

can i study mechanical engineering at high end uni's such as imperial if i don't have further maths? i take physics and maths, but im also doing a level music with these and i'm slightly worried that my subject combo will prevent me from getting any offers. i'm predicted 3 A*'s but not sure if my subject combo will ruin chances of getting into imperial. any advice would be appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
can i study mechanical engineering at high end uni's such as imperial if i don't have further maths? i take physics and maths, but im also doing a level music with these and i'm slightly worried that my subject combo will prevent me from getting any offers. i'm predicted 3 A*'s but not sure if my subject combo will ruin chances of getting into imperial. any advice would be appreciated

I haven’t been in your position so this is just what I’ve heard. You have good predictions so that’s going for you. University’s are aware some people have taken the wrong subjects or have taken subjects gone away from education then came back with a different idea of what they want to do. I suggest having a look in foundation courses there should be some for every course no matter the university this will allow you to bridge knowledge. Furthermore if you apply for that corse and the uni thinks you need further maths or have knowledge gaps they will just offer you the foundation corse
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by AlexLant
I haven’t been in your position so this is just what I’ve heard. You have good predictions so that’s going for you. University’s are aware some people have taken the wrong subjects or have taken subjects gone away from education then came back with a different idea of what they want to do. I suggest having a look in foundation courses there should be some for every course no matter the university this will allow you to bridge knowledge. Furthermore if you apply for that corse and the uni thinks you need further maths or have knowledge gaps they will just offer you the foundation corse
thank you for this, i haven't really looked into foundation courses so will look into those!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending