The Student Room Group

How can different uni’s do the same course in different timescales?

So Bolton University do Psychology part time over 4.5 years, Leeds Beckett do the same course over 6 years. Should I be concerned that the standard of teaching at Bolton would be rushed and inferior? They also have lower entry requirements which concerns me even though both courses are BPS accredited.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Original post by Ariel C
So Bolton University do Psychology part time over 4.5 years, Leeds Beckett do the same course over 6 years. Should I be concerned that the standard of teaching at Bolton would be rushed and inferior? They also have lower entry requirements which concerns me even though both courses are BPS accredited.

If they're both BPS accredited, then you really got nothing to worry about.

I suspect that the reason this is is because one of them might be more part-time than the other, if you know what I mean?
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
If they're both BPS accredited, then you really got nothing to worry about.

I suspect that the reason this is is because one of them might be more part-time than the other, if you know what I mean?
Yeah I get you, thank you! You just don’t want to make the wrong decision and screw yourself over!
Original post by Ariel C

Depends on credit value. Some might do 90 credits a year, some might do 60 (relative to 120 credits being normal full time study).
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Depends on credit value. Some might do 90 credits a year, some might do 60 (relative to 120 credits being normal full time study).
Thank you, I’ll double check. I didn’t think of that!
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest