The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine work experience

Hi I’m not sure if I hv enough work experience
I can’t do lambing season as the place I was going to go to’s lambing season is over by the time I was meant to go work there

This is what I have so far:
2 weeks small animal vet practice
1 week cattery
2 weeks stables
~6 months once a week rescue farm/ urban farm

I really want to go to Nottingham and I saw that they need 2 weeks of customer facing experience. Does mentoring at my school count??
Original post by Theluckyfool
I can’t do lambing season as the place I was going to go to’s lambing season is over by the time I was meant to go work there

1 week cattery
2 weeks stables

I really want to go to Nottingham and I saw that they need 2 weeks of customer facing experience. Does mentoring at my school count??
I would imagine 2 weeks at small animal vet is customer facing but if you are worried I would email the university. If you could get a large animal/equine vets and an abattoir etc that would be great but you have a nice mix of placements.

1 week cattery
2 weeks stables

I would say you have a good variety. I had around this amount and have a Nottingham offer. As for customer facing experience, I'd email the university. If you're really unsure, do the 2 week online course Nottingham offers as you can do that in place of the customer facing experience.
Original post by biologylover5
I would say you have a good variety. I had around this amount and have a Nottingham offer. As for customer facing experience, I'd email the university. If you're really unsure, do the 2 week online course Nottingham offers as you can do that in place of the customer facing experience.
Btw congrats on your notts offer. Im an april student there so if you have questions let me know

1 week cattery
2 weeks stables

I gave up on the Notts WEP and just emailed them my Glasgow form with my hours and I don’t think it had any consumer facing hours in it and I still got an offer!
Original post by flamingolover
Btw congrats on your notts offer. Im an april student there so if you have questions let me know

I have an April offer to Notts too! Do you like being an April student? Do you find it a disadvantage at all? Thank you!!
Original post by livedgar-price
I have an April offer to Notts too! Do you like being an April student? Do you find it a disadvantage at all? Thank you!!
I do like being an April student! The course is exactly the same so disadvantage there. In fact when it comes to getting placements especially competitive ones its easier as there is less applicants. In terms of disadvantages the uni experience might be slightly less than expected. There's less people and we do miss some of the campus events but you can make it work. Housing and transport can be a tad trickier but its all manageable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending