The Student Room Group

Finished all my interviews - Feel demotivated

The anticipation from hearing back from interviews from my top schools are killing me . I hope everyone is looking after their mental health and get the schools they want the most .
I applied only for paramedic science and it been such a hard time balancing interviews exams driving and my other responsibilities at home I hope all the hard work pays off .
Does anybody have any tips to keep yourself motivated cause I still have a lot of things to do but I feel like I’m loosing energy ?
Any tips would be appreciated
-appleonly
Original post by appleonly
The anticipation from hearing back from interviews from my top schools are killing me . I hope everyone is looking after their mental health and get the schools they want the most .
I applied only for paramedic science and it been such a hard time balancing interviews exams driving and my other responsibilities at home I hope all the hard work pays off .
Does anybody have any tips to keep yourself motivated cause I still have a lot of things to do but I feel like I’m loosing energy ?
Any tips would be appreciated
-appleonly
Hi @appleonly

I hope you're doing okay. Firstly, congrats on getting through your interviews! Hopefully you hear back soon.

It can be really hard this time of the academic year as you find everything coming at you all at once, so I understand how you're feeling. It's really important to not let yourself get burnt out as you're so close to your exams. I personally like to make a priority list when I have so much going on and feel really overwhelmed. You could try listing everything and anything that's weighing on your mind right now, and number them in terms of priority. I do this either by timescale and when they're due/occurring, or by weighting - how big the task is.

I feel like when I can see everything written down it doesn't feel as overwhelming as everything isn't buzzing around my head and is on one piece of paper. Your exams are probably eating away at most of your time right now, so try your best to stick to a revision timetable of some sort - even if its just a to do list for the days of the week - so you can feel productive by sticking to a plan. I like to revise little and often, so I don't feel like I'm staring at a textbook for hours, and I find this helps my productivity pick up as I set myself a timer of how long I should be taking to complete a task.

In terms of motivation, I like to always think ahead about where all my hard work is leading me to. Maybe it's your dream university and you need your exam grades for this. Or maybe with your driving, it's the thought of passing and having some more freedom. I'm currently looking for a work placement, so my work at the moment is pushing me towards that goal. It seems a bit silly and simple, but thinking back to why you're doing something can really help.

Remember to look after yourself, take breaks and try to find some down time too, as this can help you feel more energized for your important tasks. Best of luck with your exams and interviews! I'm sure you'll be great.
Emily 🙂
Student Rep at BCU
Reply 2
Thank you for this message Emily it has genuinely been encouraging and helpful.
Hope you have a good day
-appleonly

Quick Reply

Latest