The Student Room Group

Did this guy speak to me because he found me attractive?

There is this really handsome guy in my course and I get the vibes that he likes me by the way he looks at me and we had never spoken to each other prior to that day, in the computer labs where me and him are usually both in, his friend was sitting next to me and he was with his group of friends opposite, He comes over and speaks to his friend and then says

'excuse me do you support man city'

to me since i was wearing a man city t shirt
and i was so shocked he spoke to me and was so nervous so was mumbling and was like someone got it for me im not into football and he says its a s*t team and his friend (who ive never spoken to in my life either) asks me what i support, i say liverpool and he asks me some football question like do you think liverpool will will the (something) league and i say uhhh yeah and go back to studying

i tell my friends this and they said a guy would not randomly ask a girl a question like that if he wasnt interested and he was trying to find a chance to chat with me

what do you guys think? was he just being friendly?
i would say based on what you said theres a higher chance he did find you attractive, as a guy i personally would be very nervous going up to a girl randomly and asking something if there was no intent
Reply 2
Sounds a bit flirty. Invite him to a match
Original post by Zarek
How is it flirty to ask if I support a team 😂
Original post by tsr_account
How is it flirty to ask if I support a team 😂

Probably just using that as an ice breaker.

He could have been more literal and smashed some ice-cubes on the floor and said, "Now we've broken the ice... you and me, how about it baby?"

Of if he's less sophisticated he could have said "Yo hun, your parents must be terrorists... cause babe, U R Da Bomb" :headfire:

Original post by Zarek

Don't you mean match.com :wink:
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Probably just using that as an ice breaker.

He could have been more literal and smashed some ice-cubes on the floor and said, "Now we've broken the ice... you and me, how about it baby?"

Of if he's less sophisticated he could have said "Yo hun, your parents must be terrorists... cause babe, U R Da Bomb" :headfire:

Don't you mean match.com :wink:
so using that as an ice break because...hes attracted to me yes?
Original post by tsr_account
so using that as an ice break because...hes attracted to me yes?

As the others have said, it's a possiblity.

Either that, or he just wanted to chat about football (it's quite a common laddish thing to do), and because you were wearing a football shirt maybe he thought you were actually into football, yourself... so you could "talk the talk" (so-to-speak).

Anyway, by now he's probably twigged you're not really a footy person, so if he tries to talk to you again (maybe about something different), then it's more likely he fancies you. Ditto, if you talk to him and he engages with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending