The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU portfolio

This is my first time putting something on here. I applied to 2 of DMU’s art courses which i had to send portfolios in for. Its been about 3 ish weeks since and I was just wondering how long it takes for them to get back with feedback normally.
Original post by CamAskQs
This is my first time putting something on here. I applied to 2 of DMU’s art courses which i had to send portfolios in for. Its been about 3 ish weeks since and I was just wondering how long it takes for them to get back with feedback normally.

Hello! 👋🏻

Thankyou for sending us your portfolios! 😃 There will be a lot of portfolios coming in the review at the moment due to offers being made! Don't worry it might take some time. If you are worried I would advise contact our admissions team on [email protected]. If you haven't heard back in a couple more weeks I would advise reaching out. It is a stressful time and you are bound to worry but it's okay! 😁

If you have any more questions please let us know! 🐻*❄️

Hannah 🐄
Student Ambassador at DMU
Msc Psychological Wellbeing student 🧠
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Hi, I’ve also been waiting too, I sent mine in November and still haven’t heard anything back. DMU is the only one I’m waiting for
Reply 3
I submitted my portfolio on the 18 Dec 2019 and got an interview invite on the 19 Feb 2020. Hold on, I'm sure you'll hear back soon. <3
Original post by aspalax
I submitted my portfolio on the 18 Dec 2019 and got an interview invite on the 19 Feb 2020. Hold on, I'm sure you'll hear back soon. <3

Yeah but this was the beginning of Covid years, so they would have had more time to get back to you? It was a different circumstance. Sorry if that comes across as rude I just want to hear back <3
Original post by De Montfort University
Hello! 👋🏻

Thankyou for sending us your portfolios! 😃 There will be a lot of portfolios coming in the review at the moment due to offers being made! Don't worry it might take some time. If you are worried I would advise contact our admissions team on [email protected]. If you haven't heard back in a couple more weeks I would advise reaching out. It is a stressful time and you are bound to worry but it's okay! 😁

If you have any more questions please let us know! 🐻*❄️

Hannah 🐄
Student Ambassador at DMU
Msc Psychological Wellbeing student 🧠

Hi, just to clarify I don’t understand what you mean by ‘There will be a lot of portfolios coming in the review at the moment due to offers being made’ do you mean that you are currently making offers because of the ‘due to offers being made’ part or do you mean that the university is waiting for the Jan 31 deadline for all the portfolios to come in order to start giving offers?
Reply 6
Original post by liveforweekends
Hi, I’ve also been waiting too, I sent mine in November and still haven’t heard anything back. DMU is the only one I’m waiting for

Thank god im not the only one - what degrees did you apply for?
Thank god im not the only one - what degrees did you apply for?

Animation, what about you?
Reply 8
Animation, what about you?

Concept and Comic Arts and Games Art
Hi, just to clarify I don’t understand what you mean by ‘There will be a lot of portfolios coming in the review at the moment due to offers being made’ do you mean that you are currently making offers because of the ‘due to offers being made’ part or do you mean that the university is waiting for the Jan 31 deadline for all the portfolios to come in order to start giving offers?

Hi there @liveforweekends - allow me to clarify! 😇

There are multiple moving parts to each individual application. I am sorry that you have not heard back just yet. 😥

My colleague Hannah is referring to the influx of the Admissions' workload at this time due to the UCAS deadline, as you have mentioned, and therefore applications can take some time to review fully and assess if an offer can be made.

This is alongside teaching beginning on campus which affects the review of portfolios as they require our Faculty Academics' expertise.🎓️

I would definitely advise, as you are concerned, to contact the Admissions Team directly 📞📧 and they will happily update you on the stage at which your application is being processed! 😁

You can email or call the team, having your UCAS ID to hand, via:
Tel ☎️: +44 (0) 116 207 8443 (Monday-Friday; 09:00AM-16:30PM UK Time)
Email 📧: [email protected] (Please be advised email responses can take at least 10 working days due to the volume of requests the team are experiencing at this time)

I hope this helps and best wishes to all of you applying! :biggrin:

-Rose🌹, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 3 months ago)
Concept and Comic Arts and Games Art

Hi, I’ve heard back with a conditional offer!

That's great news @liveforweekends ! Congratulations!🥳:smartass:🙌

-Rose🌹, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 12

i have aswell - im so happy about it!
i have aswell - im so happy about it!

Congratulations!📓😊 I’m glad you are happy! All the best for your exams!

Hannah 🐄
DMU Student Rep
Msc Psychological Student🧠
Reply 14
Is anybody still waiting on Games Art offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending