The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni of York colleges

I have an offer for PPE at York. What college should I apply to? What are different colleges known for?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have an offer for PPE at York. What college should I apply to? What are different colleges known for?
The PPE department is based in Derwent, so you’d preferably want to be based on Campus West. It really depends on what you want from a college physically and socially, for example James and Derwent have reputations for being very sporty. The Tab has loads of articles about different college reputations.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by phh03
The PPE department is based in Derwent, so you’d preferably want to be based on Campus West. It really depends on what you want from a college physically and socially, for example James and Derwent have reputations for being very sporty. The Tab has loads of articles about different college reputations.

Thank you for your response!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,

As another user said, PPE is based on Campus West, so if you want to be able to quickly get to lectures, then a Campus West college is your best bet. However, there is a shuttle bus between campuses and you can also walk/cycle, so you don't have to rule out the other campus!

Most colleges on Campus West are catered, so if you aren't interested in that, I'd suggest Alcuin or Halifax college 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by University of York
Hi,

As another user said, PPE is based on Campus West, so if you want to be able to quickly get to lectures, then a Campus West college is your best bet. However, there is a shuttle bus between campuses and you can also walk/cycle, so you don't have to rule out the other campus!

Most colleges on Campus West are catered, so if you aren't interested in that, I'd suggest Alcuin or Halifax college 🙂

Thank you for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest