The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

uni of cardiff

what is the best colleges for more outgoing and sportier people? and would any people know what type of people stay at different colleges or is it a mix?
Original post by farishya.masa
what is the best colleges for more outgoing and sportier people? and would any people know what type of people stay at different colleges or is it a mix?

Hi! So Cardiff doesn't operate on colleges, compared to other UK universities you might be familiar with. I think that's what makes it quite nice though, it makes it easier to get into hobbies and explore more with your student experience :smile: Students can have access to and play the same teams, no matter what accommodation or subject you're studying. We have something called societies, which are student groups, or sports teams in this case. I'd recommend looking at Athletic Union to see the different sports teams. For many of these teams, you might have to do a trial as many students apply.

So, there's no particular requirement if you're into your sports basically! I would suggest considering living at the Talybont accommodation if you do like sports though, as its right next to the sports facilities.

Hope thats helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hi! So Cardiff doesn't operate on colleges, compared to other UK universities you might be familiar with. I think that's what makes it quite nice though, it makes it easier to get into hobbies and explore more with your student experience :smile: Students can have access to and play the same teams, no matter what accommodation or subject you're studying. We have something called societies, which are student groups, or sports teams in this case. I'd recommend looking at Athletic Union to see the different sports teams. For many of these teams, you might have to do a trial as many students apply.

So, there's no particular requirement if you're into your sports basically! I would suggest considering living at the Talybont accommodation if you do like sports though, as its right next to the sports facilities.

Hope thats helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending