The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Application on hold

I got my application put on hold and was wondering if anyone else had that experience and weather you’ve heard back yet?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I got my application put on hold and was wondering if anyone else had that experience and weather you’ve heard back yet?
Hi there,

When universities put someone's application on hold this will likely mean the Uni is still considering your application. It means you've met the requirements for the course but they're still waiting to make a final decision. This can sometimes happen when they're uncertain on how many students will be attending the course as well as when they're uncertain about how many interviews will need to take place. You may also be invited to a 'offer holders' day or interviews in the future.

I would recommend getting in touch with the University to get a better idea of what this means for you.

Wish you all the best with your applications!

Ethan
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Yipiyap_EthanP
Hi there,
When universities put someone's application on hold this will likely mean the Uni is still considering your application. It means you've met the requirements for the course but they're still waiting to make a final decision. This can sometimes happen when they're uncertain on how many students will be attending the course as well as when they're uncertain about how many interviews will need to take place. You may also be invited to a 'offer holders' day or interviews in the future.
I would recommend getting in touch with the University to get a better idea of what this means for you.
Wish you all the best with your applications!
Ethan
ohhh i see, thank u sm:smile: Also i was wondering if there’s like a certain amount of time they typically take to reply as it’s now march and i still haven’t heard back
Original post by Anonymous #1
ohhh i see, thank u sm:smile: Also i was wondering if there’s like a certain amount of time they typically take to reply as it’s now march and i still haven’t heard back
Happy to help!

Unfortunately, I can't really advise on the timeframe, as each Uni is slightly different and will have their own situations and circumstances to consider. When you speak with them I would ask for an approximate time you expect to hear back about the offer.

Again - wish you all the best!
Original post by Yipiyap_EthanP
Happy to help!
Unfortunately, I can't really advise on the timeframe, as each Uni is slightly different and will have their own situations and circumstances to consider. When you speak with them I would ask for an approximate time you expect to hear back about the offer.
Again - wish you all the best!
tysm for ur helppp im gonna e-mail them now <33
Original post by aliwaseem
tysm for ur helppp im gonna e-mail them now <33
Happy to help - good luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending