The Student Room Group

Nightlife in uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ALEreapp
I’m sorry that’s not the correct mentality at all, in order to get through this course you NEED to find a work life balance and night life is part of that for many people. I go out 1/2x a week and have no issues keeping up with work because I discipline myself. Just because you enjoy letting your hair down a bit every so often does not mean vet med is the wrong course for you.

That’s exactly what I was thinking
Reply 21
Hey I can talk on the Cambridge nightlife. It is a bit tragic compared to bigger cities but it’s still super fun. We have three big nights out a week and they are very well attended. Because Cambridge is a small city and uni the people that go out all tend to get to know each other so stuff like getting separated from friends in a club is easily solved because likely you’ll recognise someone else there. Plus the biggest advantage is that we all walk to and from the club! No having to rely on buses and Uber. We do have a bigger club that does dnb nights a bit further out that draws in lots of people. Also we’re not far from London so if you want a bigger night you can but be prepared to be partying till 5/6 in the morning when the trains start again.
The pub scene in Cambridge is really good and there are so many really good pubs and a few bars and a few alternative bars.
Reply 22
Original post by f15es1
Hey I can talk on the Cambridge nightlife. It is a bit tragic compared to bigger cities but it’s still super fun. We have three big nights out a week and they are very well attended. Because Cambridge is a small city and uni the people that go out all tend to get to know each other so stuff like getting separated from friends in a club is easily solved because likely you’ll recognise someone else there. Plus the biggest advantage is that we all walk to and from the club! No having to rely on buses and Uber. We do have a bigger club that does dnb nights a bit further out that draws in lots of people. Also we’re not far from London so if you want a bigger night you can but be prepared to be partying till 5/6 in the morning when the trains start again.
The pub scene in Cambridge is really good and there are so many really good pubs and a few bars and a few alternative bars.

Forgot to say however at all the pubs and clubs be prepared to be paying London prices. Finding a pint under £6 is difficult but every college has their own bar which do some really cool stuff like jazz nights and there you can find a pint for £2 cheapest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending