The Student Room Group

allen and overy solicitor apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just saw my rejection from A&O, starting to lose hope in these applications
Original post by Tai27
Just saw my rejection from A&O, starting to lose hope in these applications
i’m so sorry to hear that :frown: i got rejected too!! i was starting to lose hope too but you have to remember this route is competitive, and the fact you’re even applying just shows how determined you are. so many solicitor degree apprentices get rejected from all their applications apart from one; remember you only need one yes, good luck :biggrin:
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 22
Original post by bingbong12395
i’m so sorry to hear that :frown: i got rejected too!! i was starting to lose hope too but you have to remember this route is competitive, and the fact you’re even applying just shows how determined you are. so many solicitor degree apprentices get rejected from all their applications apart from one; remember you only need one yes, good luck :biggrin:
Thank you I really appreciate this! I’ve been looking for some other firms whose applications are still open. I haven’t applied to many firms as I found out about apprenticeships quite late
Original post by Tai27
Thank you I really appreciate this! I’ve been looking for some other firms whose applications are still open. I haven’t applied to many firms as I found out about apprenticeships quite late
here’s a couple firms apps that are still open :smile:

DAC BEACHCROFT (i don’t think this one is even open yet)

Blake Morgan

Bates wells

Fieldfisher

Gowling WLG (i think)

Mayer Brown

im sure there are some smaller ones that are still open, i recommend looking on twitter; keep persevering friend :rofl:
Reply 24
Original post by Tai27

deadlines
- emerald legal services (no deadline)
- hf paralegal 22nd march
- bates wells 29th march
- howes percival 31st march
- bp collins 31st march
- mayer brown 31st march
- kesar and co paralegal 31st march
- gowling wlg 5th april
- ashfords 5th april
- schofield sweeny 12th april
- freeths 26th april
- myerson 30th april
- hill dickinson 1st may
- kesar and co 31st may
- express solicitors 31st may
- fletchers 31st may
Guys what do you think the writing task is at the assessment day?
Original post by neginn004
Guys what do you think the writing task is at the assessment day?

how was it! :grin:
Original post by bingbong12395
how was it! :grin:

I haven’t done it yet it’s on 11 April
Reply 28

hey, i was wondering is it okay if you could share what you wrote for the written application + video answer please? i’m ngl i was really confident that id get in so i don’t know where i went wrong 😭 i did good on the SJT too so i’m not sure
Original post by z8846
hey, i was wondering is it okay if you could share what you wrote for the written application + video answer please? i’m ngl i was really confident that id get in so i don’t know where i went wrong 😭 i did good on the SJT too so i’m not sure

I have been rejected from 4 places before getting my first invite. Trust me I am so sure it’s the not quality of your work it’s just the quantity of places you apply to. I applied to 15 places with the same application answers it really is hit or miss with the first couple of stages. Mainly because the outcome of the first couple stages are HR opinion based. So when I was getting my rejections I knew eventually someone would accept me to the next stages. How many places have you applied to?
Original post by z8846

Also one of the rejections was from A&O I don’t know why I asked in the chat thread 😭
Reply 31
I have been rejected from 4 places before getting my first invite. Trust me I am so sure it’s the not quality of your work it’s just the quantity of places you apply to. I applied to 15 places with the same application answers it really is hit or miss with the first couple of stages. Mainly because the outcome of the first couple stages are HR opinion based. So when I was getting my rejections I knew eventually someone would accept me to the next stages. How many places have you applied to?

yes that’s v true thank you sm for your reassurance 😭 i applied to 5, i’ve done my AC’s for 2 (eversheds and pinsent masons), the other 2 i’ve done the stage before the AC but haven’t heard back (DWF, addleshaw), and 1 rejection (a&o)
Original post by z8846
yes that’s v true thank you sm for your reassurance 😭 i applied to 5, i’ve done my AC’s for 2 (eversheds and pinsent masons), the other 2 i’ve done the stage before the AC but haven’t heard back (DWF, addleshaw), and 1 rejection (a&o)

That’s so good, you have a higher acceptance percentage then I do, seems like I need your advice more then you need mine 😭
Reply 33
That’s so good, you have a higher acceptance percentage then I do, seems like I need your advice more then you need mine 😭

aww thank you so much😭 i can give some advice if you want? also wait sorry i’m just a bit confused, have you been invited to the ac for a&o?

oh well good luck!
Reply 35
Original post by rumxisx
deadlines
- emerald legal services (no deadline)
- hf paralegal 22nd march
- bates wells 29th march
- howes percival 31st march
- bp collins 31st march
- mayer brown 31st march