The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick cybersecurity to computer systems engineering

I have an offer for cybersecurity and got rejected for cse, I am a gap year student that got A*AB (they don't accept resits unless there is good reason so I didn't resit), is there still a possibility that I can change courses? I know I am a grade down and while I do want to do cybersecurity in the future I feel like the course for cse better suits me as it also includes some engineering as well as computer science compared to cybersecurity which I have heard is more general. Just wondering because they are different departments (computer science and wmg)
Reply 1
Original post by hcwon1
I have an offer for cybersecurity and got rejected for cse, I am a gap year student that got A*AB (they don't accept resits unless there is good reason so I didn't resit), is there still a possibility that I can change courses? I know I am a grade down and while I do want to do cybersecurity in the future I feel like the course for cse better suits me as it also includes some engineering as well as computer science compared to cybersecurity which I have heard is more general. Just wondering because they are different departments (computer science and wmg)

Hi there! I'm a little confused about what's going on. Did you apply during the 2022/3 cycle and defer your offer? Because the current requirement for Cyber Security at Warwick is AAA. If you have deferred your offer then I believe it's best you accept the offer. To get into CSE you need AAA with an A in maths, you haven't clarified if the B is in maths so that raises a further question as I doubt they sway around that. Personally, I would first attend cybersecurity, and if you really dislike the course take it up when you are at university with them.
I hope this helps 🙂 (Sorry if it doesn't ☹️ )
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by _user_
Hi there! I'm a little confused about what's going on. Did you apply during the 2022/3 cycle and defer your offer? Because the current requirement for Cyber Security at Warwick is AAA. If you have deferred your offer then I believe it's best you accept the offer. To get into CSE you need AAA with an A in maths, you haven't clarified if the B is in maths so that raises a further question as I doubt they sway around that. Personally, I would first attend cybersecurity, and if you really dislike the course take it up when you are at university with them.
I hope this helps 🙂 (Sorry if it doesn't ☹️ )

nah its OK now I was kinda just losing my mind but I have a friend of a friend doing cybersec and he said its calm so well see. I applied 2023/24 and got an unconditional, with b in physics and a* in maths. I'm ngl tho I was kinda unbothered after like 2 days I forgot I made this post
Reply 3
Original post by username6766357
nah its OK now I was kinda just losing my mind but I have a friend of a friend doing cybersec and he said its calm so well see. I applied 2023/24 and got an unconditional, with b in physics and a* in maths. I'm ngl tho I was kinda unbothered after like 2 days I forgot I made this post

Okay then! I hope you enjoy the course when it starts up!

Quick Reply

Latest