The Student Room Group

What to do. Rejection and delays :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlueEyesHypnotiz
OK thanks
He also said there's probably a place for me at the university if I want it

In that case all you can do is liaise with them and see if you can settle on a proposal that works for both of you.
Original post by Admit-One
In that case all you can do is liaise with them and see if you can settle on a proposal that works for both of you.

I hope they accept but sometimes I feel like what if they don't. I still haven't heard from doctoral college about feedback and resubmitting so worried
I hope they accept but sometimes I feel like what if they don't. I still haven't heard from doctoral college about feedback and resubmitting so worried

Well if they don't you're in the same position that you are in now, albeit a few weeks/months down the line Again, a bit out of my wheelhouse but this is all a normal part of the proces so far as I'm aware.
Well if they don't you're in the same position that you are in now, albeit a few weeks/months down the line Again, a bit out of my wheelhouse but this is all a normal part of the proces so far as I'm aware.

If they don't then it's most likely that they aren't being transparent about what is the issue that they cannot say it truthfully?
If they don't then it's most likely that they aren't being transparent about what is the issue that they cannot say it truthfully?

No.

They're not going to waste their own time going back and forth if they genuinely have no interest. It's not a binary yes/no, you need to engage with them to see if there is a proposal or approach that suits you both. If there isn't you move on.

If you can't be bothered, just thank them for their time. Job done..
No.
They're not going to waste their own time going back and forth if they genuinely have no interest. It's not a binary yes/no, you need to engage with them to see if there is a proposal or approach that suits you both. If there isn't you move on.
If you can't be bothered, just thank them for their time. Job done..

I hope everything works out. I'm really interested in my topic and wanted to do research so it's a big dream of mine
So I have received a revision email from doctoral school where they have outlined some revisions saying research needs to be narrowed down- more up to date literature- using social network analysis rather than technical aspects
They said the selectors (my supervisors) have agreed to advise on the revised proposal

They asked me to login to resubmit. However, the admissions team has already uploaded a rejection letter and the portal does not show that I can make a new application.

I'm quite worried because doctoral school and second supervisor have asked to revise and resubmit while admissions has uploaded rejection without amending the application bit.
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
So I have received a revision email from doctoral school where they have outlined some revisions saying research needs to be narrowed down- more up to date literature- using social network analysis rather than technical aspects
They said the selectors (my supervisors) have agreed to advise on the revised proposal
They asked me to login to resubmit. However, the admissions team has already uploaded a rejection letter and the portal does not show that I can make a new application.
I'm quite worried because doctoral school and second supervisor have asked to revise and resubmit while admissions has uploaded rejection without amending the application bit.
@The_Lonely_Goatherd

You should email the Doctoral School to ask for advice on how to proceed
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You should email the Doctoral School to ask for advice on how to proceed

Thanks emailed them
BTW about revisions- do you have any tips on how to narrow down the research? Can a case study between 3 different dams be considered narrow? Or should I only stick to one?
Thanks emailed them
BTW about revisions- do you have any tips on how to narrow down the research? Can a case study between 3 different dams be considered narrow? Or should I only stick to one?

I'm unable to comment, as this is not my field! I've no idea what narrowing the research constitutes in this case :nah:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending