The Student Room Group

Working hours for International study in UK

I’m posting to this thread in hopes someone sees it with info. Still new to this site.

Hello! I have two questions I need help answering. Ireceived my unconditional offer to study in myprogram with a foundation year for the upcomingterm starting in September 2024. I’ve searched forclarification and can’t seem to find the exact questionposed. In regards to my first year being a foundationcourse will I be limited to just 10 hours a weekinstead of the 20 for degree-level courses? I think Iknow the answer but need help to clarify. I’vereached out to my uni a few times in the past monthbut I haven’t yet gotten a response. I know it’s quite abusy time for them. So I’m posting here in hopes ofanyone with experience to help answer.
My second question is I saw there were sometimesexceptions to the working limitations where you canwork more than the maximum. For example onresearch projects. My program will have a lot ofresearch opportunities. I want to know if anyone hasany experience with those guidelines and if they’vehad experience with that. I have money saved toattend school and other expenses but I’m doing thissolo and what I’m getting at is working is a necessityto help mitigate what costs I can. Sorry for the longpost and thank you for taking the time to read andrespond!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending