The Student Room Group

Any chance that I could get into uni?

Hello peeps :smile:I have studied A levels (Geography, Psychology and Biology) and finished them in July 2023. My grades are BCD (same order).I really want to go to Uni in Scotland, due for some personal reasons (but ugh I love the wilderness). Very very much want to study neuroscience as it blows my mind and baffles me (although if not possible, I’ve got other course ideas in my head).Here is the issue: the minimum required grades for these are higher than my own (starting from BCC).So, the question is, are there any options that would allow me to get in there?The ones I thought of so far:-resit an A level (either Bio, or Psy)-take some sort of foundation or higher access to education course-? I’d like to know if there are other possibilities. Also, a few facts about me:-i live in England-i am an immigrant from Romania-while in England, i have lived in a quite depraved area.Thank you very much for all the help, info and answers.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by phancesky
Hello peeps :smile:I have studied A levels (Geography, Psychology and Biology) and finished them in July 2023. My grades are BCD (same order).I really want to go to Uni in Scotland, due for some personal reasons (but ugh I love the wilderness). Very very much want to study neuroscience as it blows my mind and baffles me (although if not impossible, I’ve got other course ideas in my head).Here is the issue: the minimum required grades for these are higher than my own (starting from BCC).So, the question is, are there any options that would allow me to get in there?The ones I thought of so far:-resit an A level (either Bio, or Psy)-take some sort of foundation or higher access to education course-? I’d like to know if there are other possibilities. Also, a few facts about me:-i live in England-i am an immigrant from Romania-while in England, i have lived in a quite depraved area.Thank you very much for all the help, info and answers.

I love the typo in the penultimate sentence! 😆

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending