The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into Bath/Warwick Economics?

Hi all

I’m in early year 13 and have been going to a fair few open days looking for a solid uni with a great econ course. The two unis i enjoyed the most were Bath (typical offer A*AA) and Warwick(A*A*A) but i would like to know (roughly) what my chances are for getting in. I know questions like these can never get an accurate answer but if anyone does have a good idea i would appreciate knowing whether or not my application would be wasted on either of these. I know my grades are fine for the most part but it’s just if im failing to consider other factors.

Predicted: A* Maths A* Economics A in geography (maybe could bump to A* also)

I did AS further maths but only got a C with the poor grade boundaries as well as my utter hate of studying the subject (bad teacher).

As far as GCSEs go i got 4x8s 3x7s 2x6s and a 5(french so not relevant ig).

I’ve read lots of the reading material recommended and am taking online courses in econ so i can have an ‘enthusiastic’ PS.

Again i know nobody can know for sure but I appreciate any input whatsoever.

Thanks
Reply 1
hey im also applying to those unis for econ, tell me how it goes! but i'd say you definitely are in for a chance, ur grades are really good so the personal statement is all that is left!
Reply 2
You have far more chance of getting an offer from Bath than Warwick - simply because of the numbers that apply to Warwick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending