The Student Room Group

plan if i dont meet my offer - need second opinions

if i dont meet my offer for med, i think i'll resit one of my a-levels and also add on a-level maths (both privately i cant do yr13 at a skl again id acc cry). Id then apply for skls accepting resits. [current subjects bio chem psych]

Reason for me doing maths: i saw some mechanical engineering degree apprenticeships that dont require physics- only maths. ill also be able to apply to a greater range of courses like bio med engineering etc in case medicine doesnt work for me second time round.
Sounds like a sensible plan to me.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Sounds like a sensible plan to me.

thank you, do you think doing two years content for maths in one year is plausible? i know i'll have enough time considering the resit a-level is just revision and i wont have to balance three subjects anymore, but i don't want to underestimate the difficulty of it
Your plans are realistic and make sense to me. Good luck with your future. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 1582
Your plans are realistic and make sense to me. Good luck with your future. :smile:

thankss but do you think doing two years content for maths in one year is plausible? i know i'll have enough time considering the resit a-level is just revision and i wont have to balance three subjects anymore, but i don't want to underestimate the difficulty of it
Original post by _fafa233
thankss but do you think doing two years content for maths in one year is plausible? i know i'll have enough time considering the resit a-level is just revision and i wont have to balance three subjects anymore, but i don't want to underestimate the difficulty of it

I think you’ll be fine. If you’re already taking chem then you would have some practice with maths, I think it would be okay.
Reply 6
Original post by lilylovescats111
I think you’ll be fine. If you’re already taking chem then you would have some practice with maths, I think it would be okay.

oh okay thank youuu. i also did core maths (got tricked into it thinking itd acc let me apply for stuff and couldnt drop it later ;-; )
thank you, do you think doing two years content for maths in one year is plausible? i know i'll have enough time considering the resit a-level is just revision and i wont have to balance three subjects anymore, but i don't want to underestimate the difficulty of it

AL content not my area of expertise, but I know that some people do this so it must be manageable even if it is a push.

@gjd800 may know more.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
AL content not my area of expertise, but I know that some people do this so it must be manageable even if it is a push.
@gjd800 may know more.

Cheers

It's definitely possible, just as long as you understand the amount of work it will take (a huge effort will be involved). There's no reason to.suppose you couldn't pull this off. Best of luck!
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
Cheers
It's definitely possible, just as long as you understand the amount of work it will take (a huge effort will be involved). There's no reason to.suppose you couldn't pull this off. Best of luck!

Oh okay, thank you so much!!
Oh okay, thank you so much!!

Start studying Maths in June once you've done all your exams. Yes you might study it for a couple of months for nothing but otherwise you have a headstart.
Reply 11
Original post by Muttley79
Start studying Maths in June once you've done all your exams. Yes you might study it for a couple of months for nothing but otherwise you have a headstart.

thats so smart, i would never have thought of that! thank youuu

Quick Reply

Latest