The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think they mean things sometimes.
Reply 2
I once dreamed that I killed one of my friends with a kitchen knife because he was in a group of people looking to kill me...?

Doesn't mean anything.
i have weird dreams, i believe they do mean something, but you have to look deeper into the dream. i once had a dream about the world ending, a couple of months later people were going on about that black hole thingy, found it quite weird my mum had a dream once where she had a baby and when she looked at him he had an old man's face aha! madness, so their has to be some meaning, but not necessarily that your going to have a spot on your arm with maggots in it. It's often when you have things on your mind that you have these dreams (:
Nah; they are pretty meaningless. Just a by-product of randomly firing neurones and recently stored memories.
Reply 5
i used to dream that i lost my shoes and i couldnt find them, and i had to walk around bare feet :redface:
Reply 6
kat2pult
One of the many dreams I had last night (I slept for about 10hrs!) was that I squeezed a spot on my arm and maggots came out :s-smilie:
Other times I've dreamt, other odd things have happened, like me really wanting one of my earrings to be a giant purple and gold egg. Aren't they too odd to mean anything, or even be inspirational?

What weird dreams have you had, and what do you think they mean?

To be honest, I do believe that you have dreams for a reason. Sometimes they can be a warning, and sometimes they are just there.
So, I believe that dreams have meaning.
The basic rule I go with: If something happens to you, it will happen to someone else, not you.
Lets take your maggot dream. You saw them coming out of you, but whatever 'maggots' mean...it will happen to someone else. The maggots may signify something else, not literally maggots.

In all honesty, it is better for you NOT to share your dreams with others.
If you are expected to know what they mean, then you will find some sign, Otherwise, think nothing of them.
Can I ask, are you religious?
I used to think dreams had a meaning.
Now i'm not so sure.
Reply 8
dream123

To be honest, I do believe that you have dreams for a reason. Sometimes they can be a warning, and sometimes they are just there.

holy ****....last night i dreamt i had a baby :eek:

and that me and my friends were chained to a drainpipe in this room...and a man would come and remove people one by one with a bag over their head :s-smilie:
I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR that I once dreamt that I was posting on TSR.
Reply 10
blahhh
holy ****....last night i dreamt i had a baby :eek:

and that me and my friends were chained to a drainpipe in this room...and a man would come and remove people one by one with a bag over their head :s-smilie:

Dont worry, if it has happened to you, it menas its based on someone else. Saying this, IT DOES NOT MEAN, that someone isbeing treated like this.
Reply 11
dream123
Dont worry, if it has happened to you, it menas its based on someone else. Saying this, IT DOES NOT MEAN, that someone isbeing treated like this.

Ahh thats ok then!! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Imagine what would happen if everybody acted upon their dreams, heh. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Akkuz
Imagine what would happen if everybody acted upon their dreams, heh. :biggrin:

it would be terrible! especially, with two I hav read on this thread!! :o:
dream123

:lolwut:

See: Activation-Synthesis Theory (Hobson and McCarley 1977)
I think they relate back to people or things you've experienced that day/very recently, but only sometimes... some are just far too weird to possibly mean anything, even in Freudian terms :p: Dream interpretation was a very funny topic last year in Psychology. If you dream about a bowl, it means you are dreaming of female genitalia, and anything long and pointy is male genitalia. Im Freud's opinion!
Redpanda91
I think they relate back to people or things you've experienced that day/very recently, but only sometimes... some are just far too weird to possibly mean anything, even in Freudian terms :p: Dream interpretation was a very funny topic last year in Psychology. If you dream about a bowl, it means you are dreaming of female genitalia, and anything long and pointy is male genitalia. Im Freud's opinion!

*Shudder*

God, I hate Freud.
Reply 17
According to Freud dreams involve your unacceptable and disturbing thoughts invading your concious mind, then your "ego"(self) then disguises these naughty thoughts behind symbolism. Freud has the keen skill of relating anything within your dream as being involved in the oedipus complex.
Reply 18
GodspeedGehenna
:lolwut:

See: Activation-Synthesis Theory (Hobson and McCarley 1977)

what does that mean? I dont study psycology <<and I cant spell the word either :giggle:
Reply 19
the only thing freud ever cared about was sex....sicko!
*had to get that in*

Latest

Trending

Trending