The Student Room Group
I dont. I practice the nearest surface availiable method of filing.
Reply 2
I have separate folders between each of those subjects, although i revise from book and exams mostly. I generally reckon to fill a folder a term.
Seperate folder for each subject.

For revision take it all out and go through it with a toothpick (twice).
Reply 4
Lever arch files for chem and psychology. Nothing for biology. Nothing for English(although I did at the start but just stopped) When revision starts there'll be no organised revision. I'll be like a madman :p:
Reply 5
try A4 folders for each subject: not much more room in your bag than a lever arch
Reply 6
A lever arch for biology. A lever arch for Chemistry. A regular file for Psychology and a folder for latin. I have two teachers for every subject, so I split my file/folder into two sections, one for each teacher with the work starting with the oldest and going backwards to the newest (so its in chronalogical order.) Anyone who is not organised with files/folder/dividers/books in my school gets killed for it so it becomes a habit after a while to sort stuff out like that. ^^;
At uni, I have one 'book' per module (book being a hardback lined paper book) and for any handouts we get I keep a folder with dividers in for each topic.

Keeps it easy that way. :smile:
Reply 8
I use spaced repition software on a computer. Basically I go through my notes, make them into flash card sized chunks and then input them. This makes it easy to test myself on things all the time, keeps it in the memory.

I use http://ichi2.net/anki/ It supports latex, lots of character sets, it's great.
At AS and A2 I mainly had an archlever file or normal file for each module because all my subjects had essay elements. I felt pleased with myself at A2 when one module took a whole archlever file with no room for any more pages :yep:.

At uni I use archlever files for each module but for some project books and I want to use project books next semester.
Reply 10
a large pile, occasionally sorted into module piles when the big one threatens to spill my cup of tea
folder for each subject. For AS geog I had a folder for physical and human, but now i just use lots of dividers. I'm still terrible with italian though, even though i have clearly labelled sections i still lose things!
Reply 12
I cram everything into one binder with dividers for each subject. This is not recommended if you get as many handouts as I do, but if I were to try different folders for different subjects I would probably forget them. Also I'm far too lazy to lug around more than one folder at a time.
I would have a different folder for each subject, personally. Plus the following: (this is advice I posted in a past thread about the same topic)

Get yourself a ring binder and some file dividers. Date your work. Organise your notes into separate file dividers for separate topics. That way, when it comes to revision time, it'll be a lot easier and a lot less confusing!
I keep my worksheets in chronological order with my written notes. Then, in my revision time, I use notes, worksheets, text books, revision guides and websites to compile the perfect set of notes for me!
Those notes are marked in red pen at the top of the page with the subject and module title. Once the exam is finished, they are filed away, one module in one polypocket, and then in turn organised into a box file just in case I need them for future reference.
Remember to recycle anything you don't need anymore too.
Seperate lever arch file for each subject which was then split into Unit 1, 2 and 3 etc etc
i don't have a folder. i put all my notes into exercise books. i have a different book for every teacher and for every module we do.
SpiritedAway
i don't have a folder. i put all my notes into exercise books. i have a different book for every teacher and for every module we do.

That is what I plan to do semester 2. :yep:
tradingmyheartforyours
That is what I plan to do semester 2. :yep:

i find it's better than folders. i did folders last year and i just kept losing notes.

Latest