The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Nearly all want SAT marks...Only Yale springs to mind. Might have changed though.
Reply 2
Periwig
Nearly all want SAT marks...Only Yale springs to mind. Might have changed though.

so as a normal UK student i stand no chance in applying?
Reply 3
There's actually quite a few test-optional schools, including some very good ones.

http://www.fairtest.org/university/optional

Bard, Bates, Bowdoin, Holy Cross, Connecticut College, Dickinson, Franklin & Marshall, Furman, Goucher, Hamilton, Hampshire, Knox, Lawrence U, Middlebury, Mount Holyoke (if female), Sarah Lawrence, Union College (NY), Wake Forest, and Wheaton are arguably the best on the list. Almost all are liberal arts colleges.
The black magic that is american admissions is more concerned with extracurricular activities+test scores+schoolwork as a whole. 2400 SAT is no guarantee to get in.
Reply 5
thegeneralguy
The black magic that is american admissions is more concerned with extracurricular activities+test scores+schoolwork as a whole. 2400 SAT is no guarantee to get in.

but it certainly helps
:smile:

contact the universities and explain the situation. ask if your a levels can count in lieu of the SAT's. You might end up having to take the reasoning test, but you can probably get out of the subject ones
Reply 6
mleoni1
but it certainly helps
:smile:

contact the universities and explain the situation. ask if your a levels can count in lieu of the SAT's. You might end up having to take the reasoning test, but you can probably get out of the subject ones

no turns out i missed the dead line and also they only accept completed A levels and not predicted - im a bit bumped but hey =] its okay im happy with my UK choices =P just wanted to apply and see if i could get a place if so they i'd start considering actually moving over (21 to drink was a big deciding issue)

Latest

Trending

Trending