The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Jessaay!
Seriously? :eek:

Yeh, every final year spends a day on the interviewing panel. For obvious reasons I can't say anything that could give someone an advantage. But we are all nice people, so don't worry!
Reply 41
dob86
Yeh, every final year spends a day on the interviewing panel. For obvious reasons I can't say anything that could give someone an advantage. But we are all nice people, so don't worry!

Fair dos :o: I won't bombard you with PMs asking for questions or anything, don't worry. :p:
Reply 42
Oh wow. Someone in the panel! Is the allocation of interview dates random? As I have an interview date in March, yet others who got them later have some in February. Or is it point-based/other reasons? :beard:

Not that it matters, really. I'm excited all the same. :grin:
Reply 43
Holsy
Oh wow. Someone in the panel! Is the allocation of interview dates random? As I have an interview date in March, yet others who got them later have some in February. Or is it point-based/other reasons? :beard:

Not that it matters, really. I'm excited all the same. :grin:

I doubt it's point based, I can tell by the fact you applied to birmingham that you have better GCSEs than me (see my profile), and also my UKCAT wasn't particularly amazing (though it was good), my personal statement must have been good but I imagine your points are at least on par or higher than mine, and mine is in February. Though they might save the best 'til last... hmm :beard:.

I heard that they do it randomly though.

I didn't think my points base would be good enough to get an interview at Leicester though so :woo:
Reply 44
Jessaay!
I doubt it's point based, I can tell by the fact you applied to birmingham that you have better GCSEs than me (see my profile), and also my UKCAT wasn't particularly amazing (though it was good), my personal statement must have been good but I imagine your points are at least on par or higher than mine, and mine is in February. Though they might save the best 'til last... hmm :beard:.

I heard that they do it randomly though.

I didn't think my points base would be good enough to get an interview at Leicester though so :woo:

i heard that it WAS points based...i think i read it on the website or something like that. they score various sections of your applications out of 5, and if you reach a certain level, you get an interview. not 100% sure that's correct, though.
Reply 45
lotusx
i heard that it WAS points based...i think i read it on the website or something like that. they score various sections of your applications out of 5, and if you reach a certain level, you get an interview. not 100% sure that's correct, though.

I think she means the date was point based, rather than the selection for interviews. The interviews are points based.
Reply 46
Jessaay!
I think she means the date was point based, rather than the selection for interviews. The interviews are points based.

Yup, that's what I meant. :smile: Yep, lotusx- 16/20 for an interview. Hurrah. :biggrin:

I hope your interviews go well!
Reply 47
Jessaay!

aahhhh i get you, i get you. yeah, i thought it's slightly random-and i'm shocked with how much notice they give compared to the other two places i got interviewed at, but hey, i'm not complaining!
I had my interview 8th dec. It was very relaxed and like others have said - the interviewers know nothing about you other than your name. I think both home and intl students get the same sort of questions as I saw that the interviewers had a sheet of questions to choose from. The only advantage for intl students is that we get our offers earlier while home students have to wait til march to find out. :smile:
magichearts
I had my interview 8th dec. It was very relaxed and like others have said - the interviewers know nothing about you other than your name. I think both home and intl students get the same sort of questions as I saw that the interviewers had a sheet of questions to choose from. The only advantage for intl students is that we get our offers earlier while home students have to wait til march to find out. :smile:

Could I just ask, during the interview who writes points down based on you, and who observes, or do both people on the panel write points down? Also, did only one person ask the questions or did they both?
Reply 50
in my interview i'm not sure if any where writing points down as I didn't ever look at their sheets. both had a sheet but i remember one time that the doctor i had maybe wrote something down but i'm not sure.

both the student and medical staff observe you and they both asked me questions usually 1 was from the student the the other from the staff which then kept alternating.

don't worry. You seem to be asking a lot about this but the interviews are very nice.
Oooooo......3 days to go!!! This has come so quickly....it feels like only yesterday when i had 2 months to go! I know the interviews are supposed to be friendly, but i cant help feeling underprepared....if anyones got any advice for me it would be much appreciated
Gangsta Boogie
Could I just ask, during the interview who writes points down based on you, and who observes, or do both people on the panel write points down? Also, did only one person ask the questions or did they both?

Mainly the doctor wrote notes down, but he didn't write all the time. The two interviewers are mainly observing you. The interviewers took turns to ask questions, so they alternate back and forth.
Reply 53
my advice would be:

Don't worry
Make sure you know some medical news
Know your personal statement
Think about the question asked and think about an answer
Be yourself!
trektor
my advice would be:

Don't worry
Make sure you know some medical news
Know your personal statement
Think about the question asked and think about an answer
Be yourself!

Yeh but it can be difficult to think about the question asked especially with the pressure, right?
Reply 55
hi
Im not 100% sure on how the intergrated system based course is run at leicster
can some one please fill me in and also how much pbl is there?
Reply 56
Spelt it wrong in the thread title and in your post above and they were both different lol :biggrin:
Reply 57
Gangsta Boogie
Yeh but it can be difficult to think about the question asked especially with the pressure, right?

yeh i know what you mean. a few of my answers I was thinking after the inteview that maybe i should have also said this or said that etc.
Reply 58
im so nervous now ... just one week left! ah! i always do that- i know what i want to say and i do fine just practising/reeling off ideas at home, but when it comes to it my nerves take over and lord knows what i say!
best of luck everyone.
anyone got any last minute tips or the sort of questions they ask?
Reply 59
med_lion
Spelt it wrong in the thread title and in your post above and they were both different lol :biggrin:

i swear i have spelt leicester in the thread title correctly.. cant see any other way to spell it...

Latest

Trending

Trending