The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lil_dreamer90
im so nervous now ... just one week left! ah! i always do that- i know what i want to say and i do fine just practising/reeling off ideas at home, but when it comes to it my nerves take over and lord knows what i say!
best of luck everyone.
anyone got any last minute tips or the sort of questions they ask?

If you need more time, ring them up and ask them to postpone it because you have exams. (or if you don't - just claim that you do)
Reply 61
hehe- i wish i could.. im a gap year-er so i have no exams :smile: i guess its better just to get it done with. thanks for the advice anyway.
have you got any interviews coming up?
Reply 62
Hey, anybody got their interview at leicester on the 3rd of Feb???
lil_dreamer90
i swear i have spelt leicester in the thread title correctly.. cant see any other way to spell it...

I don't think this refers to you, and this thread.
It refers to El-Taji, who spelt it wrong in the Thread he/she started earlier today...No big deal tho, my spellings awful lol.

Good luck people on your interviews, mine's Feb 6th, im not going to do any preparation AT ALL!!...Why? i hear you ask:tongue: Well...i think i went abit overboard when preparing for my Keele interview, and thinking about it now...it did sound rehearsed, so im going to walk into my Leicester interview, and speak from the Heart :smile:
Reply 64
Anyone else still haven't heard anything?
Reply 65
lil_dreamer90
i swear i have spelt leicester in the thread title correctly.. cant see any other way to spell it...

Nah it was `lecister` in the title and i think the mod must have changed it :wink:

Unless i was just seeing things :P
Reply 66
sy3dislam
Hey, anybody got their interview at leicester on the 3rd of Feb???

:no: Tenth. Anyone else for the 10th? Aaaaanyone?

I'd cry if mine was on the third cos my Aberdeen one is that day :frown:
Jessaay!
:no: Tenth. Anyone else for the 10th? Aaaaanyone?

I'd cry if mine was on the third cos my Aberdeen one is that day :frown:

Can I just ask what your UKCAT score was, because you're gcse's are almost exactly the same as mine and your AS grades are the same as mine, yet I've been rejected by 2 unis. I know ps counts aswell, but I was just wondering what effect the UKCAT had?

TY
Reply 68
Gangsta Boogie
Can I just ask what your UKCAT score was, because you're gcse's are almost exactly the same as mine and your AS grades are the same as mine, yet I've been rejected by 2 unis. I know ps counts aswell, but I was just wondering what effect the UKCAT had?

TY

Average of 622 I think, with the lowest score being about 510-520 and the highest being 750. Can't remember really, wasn't amazing though. I think my PS and References may have had a lot to do with it because I can't see any other reason. I did a LOT of volunteer work and had good references, may have been that.
Yeh, lol I got a slightly higher UKCAT score of 625 lol. Admissions is a ghost. Did you really do 14 hour shifts at a volunteer centre, and not get paid?
Reply 70
Gangsta Boogie
Yeh, lol I got a slightly higher UKCAT score of 625 lol. Admissions is a ghost. Did you really do 14 hour shifts at a volunteer centre, and not get paid?

Got up at 7, was on duty 'til 11 (sometimes later depending how long it took for the guests to go to bed) depending on the schedule. You stayed there overnight though. Some days it wasn't as hectic. You'd be given one hour as a "break" in between but the center was so far from civilisation and the rooms were so bare that you may as well just stay on duty, so I did most days. They weren't amazingly hard shifts but they get harder the more duties you get which are given to the longer term volunteers/volunteers who go there often, and over 18s. Tiring but it was good. (charity was called Vitalise)

How did you know that? :eyeball: :p:
Reply 71
Jessaay!
Got up at 7, was on duty 'til 11 (sometimes later depending how long it took for the guests to go to bed) depending on the schedule. You stayed there overnight though. Some days it wasn't as hectic. You'd be given one hour as a "break" in between but the center was so far from civilisation and the rooms were so bare that you may as well just stay on duty, so I did most days. They weren't amazingly hard shifts but they get harder the more duties you get which are given to the longer term volunteers/volunteers who go there often, and over 18s. Tiring but it was good. (charity was called Vitalise)

How did you know that? :eyeball: :p:

Vitalise is amazing :biggrin:
I went there!
Reply 72
Nicolish
Vitalise is amazing :biggrin:
I went there!

Yay! Which one did you go to?

Planning to go back? I think I might go this summer, I'm quite excited. :biggrin:
Reply 73
Jessaay!
:no: Tenth. Anyone else for the 10th? Aaaaanyone

:hello: mee.
Reply 74
Jessaay!
Yay! Which one did you go to?

Planning to go back? I think I might go this summer, I'm quite excited. :biggrin:

Jubilee lodge, what about you?
Everyone says jubilee is the best muhahah :P

Yup same I want to go back in the summer after exams when all the kids are still on holidays because it gets really busy in the summer holidays :frown:

Try and book really early though because it gets so competitive!:smile:
Reply 75
Nicolish
Jubilee lodge, what about you?
Everyone says jubilee is the best muhahah :P

Yup same I want to go back in the summer after exams when all the kids are still on holidays because it gets really busy in the summer holidays :frown:

Try and book really early though because it gets so competitive!:smile:

Sandpipers. Not sure whether to go back to the same one or not, heh. We had some lovely people there but unfortunately one of the guests was quite aggressive at some points because she got frustrated when people didn't understand her and hit this german girl for being cheeky. Put me off going back to the same one :p:
Plus, it really was in the middle of nowhere! we decided to go and get some drinks from the shop when it was our break once, it was a 25 minute walk to the nearest convenience shop! By the time we got back we only had 10 minutes to drink our fizzy vimto. :frown:
Reply 76
lotusx
:hello: mee.

Yaay! I'll just shout TSR at some point and see if anyone flocks :p:
Reply 77
Gangsta Boogie

TY

well one of my frends got an interview in february...and he only got an average of 535! But leicester interview the most candidates out of all the medical schools i think.
Reply 78
Jessaay!
Sandpipers. Not sure whether to go back to the same one or not, heh. We had some lovely people there but unfortunately one of the guests was quite aggressive at some points because she got frustrated when people didn't understand her and hit this german girl for being cheeky. Put me off going back to the same one :p:
Plus, it really was in the middle of nowhere! we decided to go and get some drinks from the shop when it was our break once, it was a 25 minute walk to the nearest convenience shop! By the time we got back we only had 10 minutes to drink our fizzy vimto. :frown:

Haha I got a baileys thrown in my face by some evil cow who was bitter :rolleyes:
Everyone else was amazing though, we went to the shop too and it was also about 30mins! It was exciting though because we sneaked off to buy alcohol lol. :p:
Reply 79
I've heard so many different numbers for Leicester that I don't know what to believe. I've heard that 24% of applicants get an offer according to medschools online but that seems more likely for people with interviews not overall.

I think that a lot are interviewed.

Latest

Trending

Trending