The Student Room Group
They should be told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. As predicted by my signature. :cool:
they should not be told about sex at all
lessthanthree
That's hardly the approach. Not knowing your arse from your elbow is hardly going to help you when you're staring at the prospect of STDs and pregnancy.

Without any sex ed it wouldn't be STD'S and pregnancy, it would be funny warts on your special place and feeling very bloated and sick for the last 9 months.
no if they were talk that sex is wrong and bad then they wouldnt talk about it socially. so intead of doing it cos their friends do, they;ll not do it at all. no education means no-one is told it'll b e ok
I'm pretty sure there are otther reasons for having sex, other than because your friends do. :wink:
no all britsh kids have sex age 15/16 cos thie mates do
Reply 7
Course it's not right, keeping the truth from them is just going to lead to more problems later on. Is it really going to stop them having sex? If they are going to do it i'm sure they'll do it regardless and pregnancy and STDs will prove to be a bigger issue. Surely it would be safer to tell them the truth and let them make safe, sensible decisions for themselves.
Well I'm only still a virgin because Britney is. (Spot the errors)
lessthanthree
i was going to shoot you down for that, then I realise that if you have any sense, you're joking.

no its true. if thir mates reacted to 'i've just had sex' by saying 'omg u ho' instead of 'was it good' then teens would be ostracised for teen sex instead of the virgins being ostracised
magiccarpet
no all britsh kids have sex age 15/16 cos thie mates do

All? I dispute that.
Reply 11
lessthanthree

and it’s also been recorded that some pledgers don’t class oral and anal sex as intercourse, and believe they are virgins adhering to their pledge even when they’re getting down and dirty in other regions.

Yeah, that's one of my main problems with it. They may seem as though they're being pure and everything just because they are abstaining from full sex; but that doesn't stop a lot of them slutting about in different ways. Yet they can still pull the whole holier-than-thou claim.
It totally depends on your social circle. But whatever the 'social circle' there's always one having sex and always a millions different reasons why. In fact, it is known that many kids have sex out of curiosity rather than knowledge - even back in the day, when sex was not widely spoken about, it was still happening.
You could apply the same rule to the social acceptance of infidelity, but of course you wouldn't, because it would make a mockery of your point. :P:
But everyone knows that most people (especially guys) lie completely about their virginity. Even when I was 12 or 13, there were loads idiots claiming they had experience. Maybe one of them did, but most were just lying.

When you're 16 or 17, you think that everyone's done it but very few realise that most people (well about half) haven't.

Even at uni, you'd be surprised about the number of people who are still virgins. It's not just a couple of tenths of a percent. Quite a lot are. For people for whom sex is something with a bit of importance, finding the right person to be intimate with is tricky. That's why you get a lot of people even at 23 or 24 who are still virgins.
annabellewalter
Is it right to tell kids that condoms have holes in them big enough for HIV to pass through and that nasty sinful people punch holes in them on purpose .....in order to stop them having sex. Should these kids have the right to the truth, or is it OK to be brainwashed?

Oh my gaaaawd that's just sick! :eek:
I hate to generalise but AMERICANS ARE CRAZY!
Reply 16
annabellewalter
Is it right to tell kids that condoms have holes in them big enough for HIV to pass through and that nasty sinful people punch holes in them on purpose .....in order to stop them having sex. Should these kids have the right to the truth, or is it OK to be brainwashed?

who's a kid for you? I am not going to talk to a 5year old abour sex or HIV..
Lies are bad..so we should not lie..

and anyway..soon or later, they (the kids) are going to find out the truth and then they will realise that you lied to them and that wont have any pleasant consequences neither..
It also common in many developing countries where the catholic church has a lot of influence on health care. Condoms simply aren't available in countries where HIV is hugely prevalent. But Texas surprises me because America is so powerful, and yet techniques like this seem so outdated. I think George W Bush is a prisoner of fear. Lol
The odd thing is that abstinence programmes seem to be concentrating all their energy on attacking 'safe-sex' programmes - surely counter-productive for all concerned? Telling kids that condoms are bad isn't going to stop kids from having sex, it's going to stop kids from using condoms. These guys need to get with the programme.
Reply 19
annabellewalter

The kids have the right to hear the truth, of course.

Latest

Trending

Trending