The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Haloface
Anyone heard about AHRC block grant funding yet?

I'm absolutely glued to my Email, has to be within the next 2 weeks.

nothing. They have been rather slow though, at least in my case, so I am not expecting to hear anything before the deadline they mentioned. It was 6/05 I think, wasn't it? Fingers crossed for all those waiting as well!
Reply 81
Multiplexed
9 weeks is a bit of a long wait but i think this year everyones had to wait longer than they usually would because of the new portal system.

On another note, i've been on the waiting list for LSE since mid-december. They love taking their sweet time and i dont think your friend got rejected purely for asking, she probably asked the admissions office who don't have much say in the admission except processing it and finalizing the numbers.

Thanks. I'm very indecisive now. I don't know whether I should wait for a few more weeks or ask them right away. It doesn't seem like they will let us know the result unless we ask them.
Reply 82
'nothing. They have been rather slow though, at least in my case, so I am not expecting to hear anything before the deadline they mentioned. It was 6/05 I think, wasn't it? Fingers crossed for all those waiting as well!'

- Oh, think they mentioned 'before the 1st of May' in my Email. Either way, I'm sure you're right, we'll hear the day before the deadline!

Nervous as hell. For me, a lot hinges on the success of funding.
Reply 83
Haloface
'nothing. They have been rather slow though, at least in my case, so I am not expecting to hear anything before the deadline they mentioned. It was 6/05 I think, wasn't it? Fingers crossed for all those waiting as well!'

- Oh, think they mentioned 'before the 1st of May' in my Email. Either way, I'm sure you're right, we'll hear the day before the deadline!

Nervous as hell. For me, a lot hinges on the success of funding.

I managed to save just about enough to manage with some part time work, but without any founding it will be tight so it would be amazing have some money commming my way. fingers crossed. And yeh I think it was 1st of May. The 6th was the official confirmation. So glad it's soon. It really feels like I have been spending the past few month waiting and waiting and waiting....
Reply 84
Rosalind.p
Thanks. I'm very indecisive now. I don't know whether I should wait for a few more weeks or ask them right away. It doesn't seem like they will let us know the result unless we ask them.

Contact them! I contacted my department and they told me they will be offering me a place and that I will hear from the school of arts and humanities with an official e-mail and letter very soon. I got the official letter a month later...The decission about your application is probably already there, it's just waiting to be processed by admin.
Reply 85
I applied for the Msc in International Marketing 2 weeks ago. As far as I see I have to be very patient.
I hope to hear soon from them because I have to take or reject the offer form Warwick. ( I am pretty in a doubt whici one to choose if king's will accept me)

A question: have you find out if we need to send the references by post too? because I scanned them and that was it :biggrin:
Reply 86
Simona
I applied for the Msc in International Marketing 2 weeks ago. As far as I see I have to be very patient.
I hope to hear soon from them because I have to take or reject the offer form Warwick. ( I am pretty in a doubt whici one to choose if king's will accept me)

A question: have you find out if we need to send the references by post too? because I scanned them and that was it :biggrin:

I only scanned mine, didn't post them and no one seemed to mind. Got my official offer already, so I guess there's no need to post the originals. Though it might differ from department to department, so it could be a good idea to check with them. good luck with your application!
Reply 87
thanks Kajama. I checked the tracking system and I saw they specified "post references- received" so I guess it must be ok :smile:
Reply 88
Still nothing on funding!! I can't take this!! :P
Reply 89
Haloface
Still nothing on funding!! I can't take this!! :P

we should hear by Friday. Not too long to go...:yep:
Reply 90
Feels like an eternity though, eh? Can't possibly imagine what it's like for those awaiting doctorate funding.
Reply 91
Three days (including today!) left. Now I wonder whether those who are successful have heard by now, and those who aren't, just won't be notified.

Yes, I'm crap at being patient :P
Reply 92
Haloface
Three days (including today!) left. Now I wonder whether those who are successful have heard by now, and those who aren't, just won't be notified.

Yes, I'm crap at being patient :P

This is something I have heen thinking about too. They said in the e-mail they will let us know by 1st May. But whether it means let everyone kno or only those who are awarded founding is anothoer story...uff 3 loong days. though I must say I am not having my hopes too high. I am already getting used to the fact that i'm going be extremely poor next year.
Reply 93
Ugh, well considering there's only something like 37 PhD/Masters studentships for the entire Arts and Humanities department for the year now they are doing this Block Funding, the odds do not look good!

I really would like to get a Distinction in the MA - working part time will really mess that up. It's been a struggle enough through my degree. Would be a shame.

Either way, let me know how you got on Kajama. Good luck =)
Reply 94
Haloface
Ugh, well considering there's only something like 37 PhD/Masters studentships for the entire Arts and Humanities department for the year now they are doing this Block Funding, the odds do not look good!

I really would like to get a Distinction in the MA - working part time will really mess that up. It's been a struggle enough through my degree. Would be a shame.

Either way, let me know how you got on Kajama. Good luck =)

Any news at your end?
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether places are still available on the War Studies courses?

I've been trying to contact a former lecturer for nearly three months regarding a reference ~ phone, email, everything. No luck, not even a response. I can't believe it would be that frustrating.
Reply 96
'Any news at your end?'

Kajama, yes, was just contacted and, though I was not selected, I'm on the reserve list. I guess that's positive, but I highly doubt anyone would give up a funded place (which only means I'll be anxious for the next month for little reason)!

Any news yourself?
Reply 97
Haloface
'Any news at your end?'

Kajama, yes, was just contacted and, though I was not selected, I'm on the reserve list. I guess that's positive, but I highly doubt anyone would give up a funded place (which only means I'll be anxious for the next month for little reason)!

Any news yourself?

No news, which I guess is no founding. Not surpised anyway. And starting to save obsessively from today onwards:smile:

Shortlist is not ideal but there still is a chance! And people could potentially drop out. King's allowed you to apply for founding before you were even offered a place. Chances are people applied and than got offers from other unis that they preferred, so who knows! Fingers crossed, hopefully you'll get lucky and I guess see you at King's:smile:
Reply 98
Definately see you there Kajama. Just means we both have to work harder, but no harm in that! :P

As soon as my exams are over I'm hitting the job market in a dangerous way. Figure I have 4 months to save for those whooping fee's. Good luck again to you!
Reply 99
Haloface
Definately see you there Kajama. Just means we both have to work harder, but no harm in that! :P

As soon as my exams are over I'm hitting the job market in a dangerous way. Figure I have 4 months to save for those whooping fee's. Good luck again to you!

I even signed my crazy summer job contract already :yep: the course better be good:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending