The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
probably not
when i get back to oxford i'll download the results for last year's socanth msc, which tells you the number of people at each college on the course last year - hopefully this might be useful. (i can do the same thing for the oii stuff if you tell me the exact title of the degree)

Thank you so much for offering to help with this. I'd really appreciate it!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 21
KMaine
I don't know if your estimate that 60/80 taught anthropology positions are MSc in Social Anthro is correct. It seems like a lot to me given that there are four other tracks in addition to social anthro.

Ah, right. Well, in that case it'll probably be a lot fewer than 60. It was a wild guess, really - I only had a very brief look and for some reason only saw two. Sorry about that.:o:
somewhat confusingly there are two masters courses in social anthropology - one with "research methods" and one without. (i assume this means you can get esrc funding for the former one.)

anyway, research methods - one green, one st ant's, one st x
other one:
one exeter
two green
four wolfson
three st peter's
one linacre
one st hugh's
two st x
Reply 23
probably not:
Thank you so much for taking the time to find this information for me! If you ever need any info on U.S. institutions, please let me know as I am very familiar with undergrad institutions as well as graduate school admissions and funding.
Reply 24
KMaine
probably not:
Thank you so much for taking the time to find this information for me! If you ever need any info on U.S. institutions, please let me know as I am very familiar with undergrad institutions as well as graduate school admissions and funding.

This is my first-time posting, so I am not sure if this message shows as I am intending it to be. Glad to see that you are starting MSc in soc-anthro this (already!) year. I am starting Mphil in Med anthro this October too. I haven't got my offer yet even though I applied very early (just after a week or so after the start of the electronic application opening). My supervisor says that the offer will so come (probably around this week, I suppose), but even still it's really, way too slow. I was also wondering about the college choice, and chose GTC for many reasons such as accommodation, social and intellectual environment, etc. ( I am married with a school year child). Did you check out the anthropological society homepage at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~anthsoc/ which is also a place worth visiting as a prospective student.

Probably Not: Thanks for your very crucial information!! I was dying for that kind of information, even though it seems quite trivial to those who are already in Oxford :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending