The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Babyshambles
yay! :smile:

but everyone else does! :frown:

It's because of your... errm... kitty :redface:

Perhaps you should give me your avatar and you'll be free to get one that people don't think you're a girl for :p:
F. Poste
It's because of your... errm... kitty :redface:

Perhaps you should give me your avatar and you'll be free to get one that people don't think you're a girl for :p:

do you want my avatar? :eek:
Reply 42
Babyshambles

Yes.. I've been hunting it down ever since I first saw it :p:
Reply 43
Hey sorry to be the cynic here... but Wild Thing don't give your heart away so easily and so quickly! Sometimes a relationship can feel absolutely perfect and completely genuine - and it can still turn out to be not what it seems... Just be more careful with your heart :redface:

My grounds for saying that is the first and only relationship I've had really broke my heart :frown: I broke up with him for religious reasons - but recently found out that on hindsight, he realises he was valuing all the wrong things in the relationship... so now I no longer know whether what we had was special - cus he was so special to me, but I no longer know where his heart was during it all :frown: It had felt so perfect while I was in it though, when neither of us knew... That was a long distance relationship (ok he only lived 45min from me), lasted... officially 2 weeks, unofficially (the undercurrent one) a month or two :redface: Met him on TSR in fact :redface: Had my first kiss in Cambridge... *sigh*
Reply 44
Babyshambles

AWWWWWWWWWWW cute avatar!!!!!!! :love: :love: kitty!!!!! :marchmell
Reply 45
Babyshambles
meh, everyone thinks i'm a girl...:frown:

Hehe have you met Willa on TSR? :p: He had to put his gender in his post in bold in his intro :biggrin:
F. Poste
Yes.. I've been hunting it down ever since I first saw it :p:

you can have my avatar...:smile:

:eek:
Reply 47
I'm currently in a Long(ish) distance relationship, My boyfriend lives about an hour away and he's always working so i don't get to see as often as we'd both like, but we talk every night either Via email or txt/phone and it seems to be working fine for me :smile:
JasonPaver
So it does work you think Angel Cake, but it just can be difficult for peripheral people?

Yeah, I think it can work unless the relationship is a bit shaky anyway. So long as you trust each other and won't spend all your time worrying and being paranoid - then you'd just both be miserable! Did you say you might be going to Paris? When I was with my ex-boyfriend, whenever we talked about going to university he'd get really angry if I said I wanted to do French because it would mean spending a year abroad - he'd go on and on about how he couldn't believe I was so keen to spend a year apart from him (he was a bit of a w****r). So I changed all my plans and decided I'd do English.

Then we split up and I suddenly realised that I WANTED to do languages and I wanted to go abroad - luckily it left enough time for me to change, but had I stayed with him I would have been stuck doing a course i wasn't that keen on, and we still probably would have split up! The moral of the story - don't let any boyfriend/girlfriend stop you from doing what you want to do, at least not at our age. If you have the opprtunity to spend time abroad, I say go for it :smile:
Reply 49
irisng
Hey sorry to be the cynic here... but Wild Thing don't give your heart away so easily and so quickly! Sometimes a relationship can feel absolutely perfect and completely genuine - and it can still turn out to be not what it seems... Just be more careful with your heart :redface:

My grounds for saying that is the first and only relationship I've had really broke my heart :frown: I broke up with him for religious reasons - but recently found out that on hindsight, he realises he was valuing all the wrong things in the relationship... so now I no longer know whether what we had was special - cus he was so special to me, but I no longer know where his heart was during it all :frown: It had felt so perfect while I was in it though, when neither of us knew... That was a long distance relationship (ok he only lived 45min from me), lasted... officially 2 weeks, unofficially (the undercurrent one) a month or two :redface: Met him on TSR in fact :redface: Had my first kiss in Cambridge... *sigh*

:redface: :redface: :redface:
thank you Miss irisng for looking out for me :smile:
but we've been speaking since December every day, and its only been 2 days since we're going out...so I know him quite well in a way. I know what you mean about it not being genuine :redface: and maybe i like him so much I try to always see his good sides (though he doesn't have any bad ones :biggrin:)
I'm so sorry that guy didn't value you to what you're really worth!Most guys are idiots that only look for sex in a realtionship (though many aren't :smile: ) and I'm sorry he broke your heart....he wasn't worth it I'm sure! Would you tell me who it is (which Tsrian :p: ) ?
I promise you I'll be more careful but I like him so much and apparently he does too :redface: but you're totally right, I should be careful. Though..how long had you been talking to this guy? And did you trust eachother a lot?
I say nuts to what other people think... if you and him both wanna try it, then go for it! How else will you know?? The stability of these relationships differ enormously (as you can see from the varying replies to this thread!). I know someone in a very long-distance relationship (Brunei - Loughborough) and that's been going well over a year :smile: So ... you just don't know. One thing I would say, though, is not to become too dependent on the other... you'd be amazed at how easily people can lose trust in their long-distance partner (if, say, this guy had his internet access taken away.. or for some reason wasn't able to communicate with you for a while - what would you be thinking?).
Reply 51
You say do you believe in a long distance relationship as if they...dont exist?

Long distance relationships can work, but why would you want them to? You never get to see each other etc. so it would be pretty ****.
imasillynarb
You say do you believe in a long distance relationship as if they...dont exist?

Long distance relationships can work, but why would you want them to? You never get to see each other etc. so it would be pretty ****.

1. Because you think the other is just *that* special. :smile:

2. It makes it even better when you are together.

3. The possibility of actually being physically close to each other someday.
Reply 53
Onearmedbandit
1. Because you think the other is just *that* special. :smile:

2. It makes it even better when you are together.

3. The possibility of actually being physically close to each other someday.

exactly!

1) Im tired of jst pulling ppl and dnt see the point in it :confused:
2) I love him so much its unbelievable!
3) Im going to live in London in 4 months so no hurry
4) I totally trust him

so Mr Narb there :eviltongu
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
wild thing
exactly!

1) Im tired of jst pulling ppl and dnt see the point in it :confused:
2) I love him so much its unbelievable!
3) Im going to live in London in 4 months so no hurry
4) I totally trust him

so Mr Narb there :eviltongu
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Who is it?
Reply 55
Onearmedbandit
Who is it?

didn't I tell you??? You didn't meet him, wasn't any of the guys we went out to have dinner with but he was at Corpus for Classics :smile: :love:
wild thing
didn't I tell you??? You didn't meet him, wasn't any of the guys we went out to have dinner with but he was at Corpus for Classics :smile: :love:

Ohh okay. Well I wouldn't know them :P:
imasillynarb

But of course, couples who live five minutes apart are exempt from any difficulties, right? :rolleyes:
Reply 58
they dont often succeed in my experience, and from hearing the experience of others. but you have to try i guess
Reply 59
MrSornia
Indeed. I've been going out with my girlfriend for practically a year now (anniversary in 2 weeks :love: ) and she lives 4000 miles away in the US. It's also true that internet relationships are never planned. I met her by chance just after I had quit uni last year (she's also the reason I came back) through a penfriends site. After a few days we found we have everything in common and fell for each other :dancing: . Before any of you cynics say anything; we know what each other looks like (I think she's beautiful and she rather likes me :biggrin: ), we've talked on the phone and she's planning to come over in a year and a half, partly for uni but part me as well :love: . Without her I wouldn't be where I am today.

That's sweet. I'm in a similar situation, and would like to inform anyone who cares, that these things do work. If one can live without the physical closeness, it can be the most rewarding things. In a way, it's only going to work out for people who are seriously into each other. If you want to date around, you might as well do it close to where you live.

Just an interesting thought, I totally didn't expect our three-year, inter-racial, cross-continent love affair to last. But now I'm going to the US partly for the wonderful engineering courses they have there, but mostly for being with her. I wouldn't have been so motivated in my studies without her.

Oh, and this is my first post... I guess I gotta start somewhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending