The Student Room Group

Pharm Soc

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thegodofgod
Look him up on YouTube - he's like medicine's version of Khan Academy haha

I'm currently watching a series of lectures on the quinolone / fluoroquinolone antibiotics.

if they help for college why not:?

wana keep up with peeps like you:angry:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
if they help for college why not:?

wana keep up with peeps like you:angry:

Well start watching these videos!

My aim for the summer will be to watch one video per day and try to learn something new each video. (Hopefully a little more than 'something' :tongue:)
Well start watching these videos!

My aim for the summer will be to watch one video per day and try to learn something new each video. (Hopefully a little more than 'something' :tongue:)

haha yeh reminds me theres a great pharmacy app on appstore

200 generics we need to know ..so better learn that too:smile:

two a day..will keep my job prospects at bay..
haha yeh reminds me theres a great pharmacy app on appstore

200 generics we need to know ..so better learn that too:smile:

two a day..will keep my job prospects at bay..

Ooh, is it on Google Play (Android) and is it free? :teeth:

At Brighton we are supposed to keep a formulary of the 100 commonestly prescribed drugs in the UK, which we put together over the first 3 years of the course - in our first year we had 33 drugs, about which we have to know basically everything.

I've uploaded the template for aspirin.
Ooh, is it on Google Play (Android) and is it free? :teeth:

At Brighton we are supposed to keep a formulary of the 100 commonestly prescribed drugs in the UK, which we put together over the first 3 years of the course - in our first year we had 33 drugs, about which we have to know basically everything.

I've uploaded the template for aspirin.

haha I like the way yeh think

with your brains and my attitude well have boots bought out by say...25 give us a years break after graduating than its business:cool:

jaysus see we didnt do that..at all..:confused:
haha I like the way yeh think

with your brains and my attitude well have boots bought out by say...25 give us a years break after graduating than its business:cool:

jaysus see we didnt do that..at all..:confused:

Yeah, so for Year 1, our 33 formulary drugs were: aciclovir, aspirin, benzophenone, buprenorphine, chloramphenicol, chlorpheniramine, ciprofloxacin, clotrimazole, codeine, cyclophosphamide, diclofenac, doxorubicin, etoposide, ferrous sulphate, fluconazole, folic acid, fusidic acid, gentamicin, hydrocortisone, hyoscine, ibuprofen, isotretinoin, lidocaine, loratadine, mebendazole, morphine, naproxen, paracetamol, pethidine, propamidine, pseudoephedrine, terbinafine, and vincristine.

Haha, so what's the app called btw? I'll search for it on Google Play :sexface:
Yeah, so for Year 1, our 33 formulary drugs were: aciclovir, aspirin, benzophenone, buprenorphine, chloramphenicol, chlorpheniramine, ciprofloxacin, clotrimazole, codeine, cyclophosphamide, diclofenac, doxorubicin, etoposide, ferrous sulphate, fluconazole, folic acid, fusidic acid, gentamicin, hydrocortisone, hyoscine, ibuprofen, isotretinoin, lidocaine, loratadine, mebendazole, morphine, naproxen, paracetamol, pethidine, propamidine, pseudoephedrine, terbinafine, and vincristine.

Haha, so what's the app called btw? I'll search for it on Google Play :sexface:

how did yeh get all the information to make that word document!:O

effort and a half dont yeh think

god we had it too easy:confused:

hmm its called formulary..search pharmacy too...although only have it on my ipod
how did yeh get all the information to make that word document!:O

effort and a half dont yeh think

god we had it too easy:confused:

hmm its called formulary..search pharmacy too...although only have it on my ipod

Wikipedia for the chemical structure; most of the information was from an amazing website: http://www.drugbank.ca/ for physical chemistry and ADME information, the rest from various sources like the BNF for therapeutic indications (+ posology), contraindications, adverse effects, interactions, formulations and proprietary names. Each drug took a good hour or so to collate reliable information from.
Wikipedia for the chemical structure; most of the information was from an amazing website: http://www.drugbank.ca/ for physical chemistry and ADME information, the rest from various sources like the BNF for therapeutic indications (+ posology), contraindications, adverse effects, interactions, formulations and proprietary names. Each drug took a good hour or so to collate reliable information from.

easily id say
but its a mighty idea

perhaps we can help each other..I tell yeh what were doing and likewise
easily id say
but its a mighty idea

perhaps we can help each other..I tell yeh what were doing and likewise

Sure, have a look at our course handbook (pp. 5-8) to see how we cover all of the content in each year.
Sure, have a look at our course handbook (pp. 5-8) to see how we cover all of the content in each year.

portugal have just got a late late equaliser against the us!:O

cheers il send yeh some stuff tomorrow

bit late for me now

night night man

take it easy
portugal have just got a late late equaliser against the us!:O

cheers il send yeh some stuff tomorrow

bit late for me now

night night man

take it easy

Same, I need to get up at 7.45 in order to get ready for work. See you later!
Hey guys I'm a first year student who would really like a part time job in community pharmacy

the experience is obvious..but it sounds easier than it is. Ive tried to get work but have so far failed.

Any ideas/hints for getting part time pharmacy jobs in UK?

(as an foreign student..still quote the "obvious" as I mightn't be aware of it)

Seems like you've got your head in the right place :smile:. Many students, especially the earlier years, haven't a clue about the stuff they're into. Carry on and I'm sure you'll go far :biggrin:.
yesh kept my 1.1 average :cool:

just.....but wasnt expecting it so p

1.1 average lets keep this going!p
Original post by R£SP£CT
Seems like you've got your head in the right place :smile:. Many students, especially the earlier years, haven't a clue about the stuff they're into. Carry on and I'm sure you'll go far :biggrin:.

Thanks! :smile:
Thanks! :smile:
hey bud hows tings

do yeh know can we apply for pharmacy dispensing roles:?
hey bud hows tings

do yeh know can we apply for pharmacy dispensing roles:?

Hey, you all right?

I think the best thing would be to look on the big pharmacy multiples' websites (Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco, etc.) and apply for any jobs that you're qualified for.
Hey, you all right?

I think the best thing would be to look on the big pharmacy multiples' websites (Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco, etc.) and apply for any jobs that you're qualified for.

grand urself man?

find that app:?

yep I looked at tesco boots...lloyds and nothing near me

are we okay to be dispensing assitants:?
grand urself man?

find that app:?

yep I looked at tesco boots...lloyds and nothing near me

are we okay to be dispensing assitants:?

I think you need to be qualified as an disp assistant. i dont think anyone can just start dispensing. Best to ask the stores tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending