The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bedroom...at my desk... fairly standard
a few people i know go to their local libraries... seems a bit pointless to me but if you need a place to get away that is one option
but how on earth do you revise with the TV on? i struggle enough to revise with other people in the house lol... let alone with the tv

warmth is damn useful though... i agree with you there
find what works for you!

it is clear that your mum is not THAT concerned... she is probably more happy that you are revising than annoyed at the fact that the room smells (...which shouldn't be a problem as you have taken over :wink: ) and that she has to sit somewhere else.

If it works for you, stick with it! Assert your dominance on the household!!
Reply 2
My apartment or a seminar room. Library is too 'dull' :o:
Reply 3
Trust me mate go in the middle of a busy road, sit on one of them islands and just get your books out and revise. There will be a lot of noise and stuff but you are advantaged. If you can revise with the t.v on, then that means you can focus hard and concentrate so much that you block out all the car, bus and lorry noises. You might wanna wear some extra layers or take a blanket with you because it will probably be cold but its not a bad place to revise. I even created a thread on it and some people really liked the idea, so I would try it if i was you what is there to lose?...:biggrin:
Reply 4
infront of tv lol explains why im failing...
Reply 5
in the dining room, on my bedroom floor, in front of the TV, in the shower, in the kitchen, on the exercise bike...
*MJ*
Trust me mate go in the middle of a busy road, sit on one of them islands and just get your books out and revise. There will be a lot of noise and stuff but you are advantaged. If you can revise with the t.v on, then that means you can focus hard and concentrate so much that you block out all the car, bus and lorry noises. You might wanna wear some extra layers or take a blanket with you because it will probably be cold but its not a bad place to revise. I even created a thread on it and some people really liked the idea, so I would try it if i was you what is there to lose?...:biggrin:

You'll end up with a sore bottom, and tramps might piss on you, and the temp is 0 out there now...Apart from this its a neat idea for the summer :p:
Reply 7
Mr Nonsense
bedroom...at my desk... fairly standard
a few people i know go to their local libraries... seems a bit pointless to me but if you need a place to get away that is one option
but how on earth do you revise with the TV on? i struggle enough to revise with other people in the house lol... let alone with the tv

warmth is damn useful though... i agree with you there
find what works for you!

it is clear that your mum is not THAT concerned... she is probably more happy that you are revising than annoyed at the fact that the room smells (...which shouldn't be a problem as you have taken over :wink: ) and that she has to sit somewhere else.

If it works for you, stick with it! Assert your dominance on the household!!

:p:

:dontknow: I just can...prefer it...and prefer it to people :grin:

On the toilet. Honest.
Reply 9
*MJ*

with no gadgets:eek:???

and the wind will probably blow everything :p:
I revise at a small room in my 6th form college that nobody knows about.
Reply 11
I revise effing everywhere! I do Eng Lit, French and Hist, so like, I'll read all my extra things in the bath, make notes on the bus, spend a day in Nottingham library reading literary criticism etc. For hardcore fact-learning, especially for History though, I need to be alone in my bedroom with a cup of tea :]
Reply 12
TomTeeTom
I revise at a small room in my 6th form college that nobody knows about.

Room of Requirements?
Reply 13
Library'
Everyone is too occupied trying not to make noise and avoid eye contact so they're unlikely to distract you...
Just dont forget MP3 player, Energy drink and revision books (never know, might come in handy)...
Erebus
Room of Requirements?

what's that?
Just on my bed, with work all around me. :smile:
I feel well unprepared for these AS's, I have 5 exams, coursework due, and i've barely done much. Argh.
Mostly in my room, at my desk or on the bed, afterwards in the library and sometimes, well, in the toilet.
Reply 17
Erebus
Room of Requirements?

Obviously not a Harry Potter fan!
In the toilet whilst having a poo poo. :colondollar:
I got stared at in Oxford park the other day for sitting about 9 feet up in a tree with a literary theory book.

Latest