The Student Room Group

Aahhh!!! Helpa Me Pliss

Evening all. "What's an asymptote".

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Google it?
haha I misread this title and thought it said "help me piss"
Reply 3
GOOGle give a me very toughening response. I cannot get it man! Helpa me pliss. Explain simple simple.
Reply 4
tropical-twist3

Me too.
Reply 5
Isn't it the highest point conditioning can reach, where you can't condition any further?
Reply 6
Melana
Me too.

Hahahaha. These mistake very funny.
Reply 7
tropical-twist3

:ditto:
:giggle:

I cant remember what it was exactly:hmmmm: I think it was where a line on the graph crosses the axis or maybe the maximum and minimum points...:dontknow:
Melana
Isn't it the highest point conditioning can reach, where you can't condition any further?

In mathematics, an asymptote is an imaginary line on a graph in which a line/curve tends towards but never touches. Usually it's between two seperate lines/curves that tend towards it.
Melana

this is purely educational, take your hair tips somewhere else
Reply 10
"A line whose distance to a given curve tends to zero. An asymptote may or may not intersect its associated curve"

Google Gives you this, which is pretty much the simplest explanation.
Reply 12
Pillar of Autumn
In mathematics, an asymptote is an imaginary line on a graph in which a line/curve tends towards but never touches. Usually it's between two seperate lines/curves that tend towards it.

Yes, it depends which subject you're asking about. Means different things in maths/psychology.
Yet another reason why IB SL Maths should be recognized as the equivalent of GCE A-level Maths.
Reply 14
tropical-twist3

So did I, thought this was in H&R.
Pillar of Autumn

thank you very much as i was slightly perplexed by it as well
so we should be able to recognise it immediately when we see the curve in the exam
tropical-twist3

Ahahahaha I thought so too. Hello. :smile:
Reply 17
JoleonLescott
this is purely educational, take your hair tips somewhere else

I reaaally hope that was a joke.
Reply 18
Pillar of Autumn

Thank you. I tip my hat to you guv'nor. Well explained. ** :hat: tips hat**

Thank you to everyone else for posting hilarious comments to the effect of, "I'm unable to read and love publicising it. You make our circuses what they are today. Thank you.

Cricket?
Yes.
Reply 19
Melana
I reaaally hope that was a joke.

So do I. I like it when people (comedians etc.) tell jokes. Keep 'em coming boys.

Quick Reply

Latest