The Student Room Group

Can anyone help with GCSE RE coursework??

For my GCSE RE coursework I have been given the following question, and I'm not 100% sure how to answer it.

"There should be no rich people as long as there is povert in the world" Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer, showing that you have considred another point of view. Give your answer in accordance with Catholic Teachings.

If there is anyone who could help me with that, I would REALLY appriciate it! Thank you! :cool:

Siobhan xxx :smile:
Reply 1
Well, you should have been given teaching for different Churches, so just see how they apply to your opinion on the statement. Make sure you give both points of view, like the question said, and you'll probably need at least 3 teachings. You're opinion doesn't really matter so long as it's backed up.
Reply 2
Logically, while there are rich people in the world, poverty *has* to exist at least in some form - 'rich' means nothing unless there is a contrasting 'poor'.
Reply 3
Oooo thank you sooo much! :smile:

Siobhan x
Reply 4
when's ur deadline?
Reply 5
a week on monday! :smile:
Reply 6
In Old Testament days, people saw wealth as a reward from God, and poverty was as a result of sin. On this basis, Catholics that focus on O.T. teachings would argue that whilst there are 'good people' (needs rephrasing) and sinners in the world, inequality in the form of wealth is justified.

Latest

Trending

Trending