The Student Room Group

do some scottish schools do A levels in 5th year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I know this thread is old but,

Original post by Meteorshower
I can never understand why places do A-levels instead of highers/advanced highers.

IB possibly, but A-levels?? XD

It's because a lot of the students at the independent schools that do them are from families that move around the country a lot and A-Levels are less flexible. You need an AS level as part of a full A-Level, so if they did a Higher here and then moved back down south the next year it wouldn't work, they'd have wasted a year.

I'm doing a mix of Highers and A-Levels right now for other reasons and have to say I prefer the A-Levels. I don't go to an independent school though :tongue:
My school offered A level art in 6th year, that was the only one though.

Wish they did A Level Music though, AH Music is a joke
Original post by mimx
i know this thread is old but,

it's because a lot of the students at the independent schools that do them are from families that move around the country a lot and a-levels are less flexible. You need an as level as part of a full a-level, so if they did a higher here and then moved back down south the next year it wouldn't work, they'd have wasted a year.

I'm doing a mix of highers and a-levels right now for other reasons and have to say i prefer the a-levels. I don't go to an independent school though :tongue:

Original post by seanfromtheblock
my school offered a level art in 6th year, that was the only one though.

Wish they did a level music though, ah music is a joke

necro gang leaders!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending