Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
affinity89
Don't know anything about County or Grizedale but I can help with Pendle. The standard rooms are located at the bottom of the spine, near the entrance to south west campus. They are positioned around a quad with returners and freshers on opposite sides, with the bar at one end.

The rooms are in flats of 8 [ground floor may be different to accommodate disabled rooms] with two toilets and two showers. The kitchens are reasonably sized with one oven - I don't think they have very much fridge space (maybe half/one shelf each). The communial areas are cleaned and the flats are quite secure as the flat door locks automatically.

The rooms are furnished like Furness Standard rooms with relatively old, but still useable, furniture with a desk featuring three draws, wardrobe with shelves, shelves on the wall, a "comfy" chair, normal chair and bed plus a sink and mirror. :smile:

Oh, the number of times I would have traded my en suite for a comfy chair! Sitting on the bed all the time drives me mad!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 181
hey everyone! just applied for my accommodation and chosen cartmel as 1st choice and county as 2nd!!! anyone else thinking of applying/applied to these colleges? It all seems more real now, lol! :smile:
Reply 182
Lizj
Oh, the number of times I would have traded my en suite for a comfy chair! Sitting on the bed all the time drives me mad!

Aww lol!

It isn't very comfy. I bought myself an inflatable armchair and use that instead - it is amazing. There is always a fight for it when we have movie nights in my room. :smile:
lucy3131
hey everyone! just applied for my accommodation and chosen cartmel as 1st choice and county as 2nd!!! anyone else thinking of applying/applied to these colleges? It all seems more real now, lol! :smile:

I put county as my first choice for standard :biggrin: pendle as second. I'm more excited now, makes it feel real :biggrin: oooh can't wait :P
affinity89
Aww lol!

It isn't very comfy. I bought myself an inflatable armchair and use that instead - it is amazing. There is always a fight for it when we have movie nights in my room. :smile:

I'm the same- I have a beanbag though, not an inflatable chair! My chair serves as a bedside table...
lucy3131

I've chosen Cartmel as 1st and County as 2nd as well! I can't wait until September, I'm really excited! :biggrin:
xx
Reply 186
lucy3131

I put Cartmel down as 1st choice too. Lonsdale as second.
How long will it be before we find out do you reckon?
Reply 187
Bierbauch
I put Cartmel down as 1st choice too. Lonsdale as second.
How long will it be before we find out do you reckon?

They start allocating from Results Day so you should hear from mid-August onwards. I found out in early September last year... :smile:
Reply 188
First choice county superior standard and second choice grizedale townhouse..excited :smile: i hope i've made a good choice!
Reply 189
XNicola
First choice county superior standard and second choice grizedale townhouse..excited :smile: i hope i've made a good choice!

When you came to putting Grizedale townhouse as your second choice, ws there actually an opin for townhouse? I wanted to put Grizedale Townhouse as my second but the only ptions were standard, en-suite and studio. I put ensuite down and put a note in the notes place stating I would prefer a townhose to ensuite.
Reply 190
Just sent my application..!! Put Furness standard as 1st and Grizedale standard as 2nd...!! Im so excited that I cant stop smiling..!! HAHA :biggrin:
Reply 191
edd360
When you came to putting Grizedale townhouse as your second choice, ws there actually an opin for townhouse? I wanted to put Grizedale Townhouse as my second but the only ptions were standard, en-suite and studio. I put ensuite down and put a note in the notes place stating I would prefer a townhose to ensuite.

You needed to select 43 weeks as the rental period then this would have displayed the option for a townhouse.
Reply 192
Absinth
What's the difference between basic and superior ensuite? Thanks.

Edit: doesn't matter. I've applied!

Just in case anyone else wants to know:
Basic ensuite is the older ensuite accommodation in places like John Creed (County) and George Fox (Fylde this year I think).
Superior ensuite is the newer stuff on South West, Fylde and Furness new blocks. Basically it's a maximum of 5 years old.
Reply 193
This provides really good descriptions of the different accommodation types if anyone is yet to decide: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/accommodation/ugaccom.html
I've applied too XD Cartmel and Pendle ensuite. Reeeally hope i get one of them, but i won't get my hopes up too high.
Reply 195
Whats the difference between basic and superior en suite??
I mean is the room size any different?? What is different??
Thanks.
Reply 196
See Post 213 :biggrin:
It's not so much the size of the rooms as the age. Rooms in basic are actually probably a bit bigger, but older and therefore a bit tattier.
Reply 197
Oh okay. I really want an en suite room. I was going to apply to Pendle and Grizedale but was just wondering about the en suite thing (coz Pendle doesn't have superior ensuite)..so basic en suite is like really bad and old? :s-smilie:
mfd1
Oh okay. I really want an en suite room. I was going to apply to Pendle and Grizedale but was just wondering about the en suite thing (coz Pendle doesn't have superior ensuite)..so basic en suite is like really bad and old? :s-smilie:

Have a look in this thread, and also at pictures on the website. None of the colleges in that area are old at all. The rooms are just slightly smaller. So i don't think they're 'really bad' :wink:
Reply 199
mfd1

You could, maybe, apply to one of the three colleges that only have ensuite accommodation if you want to try and ensure you get an ensuite rooom. Those three are Fylde, Lonsdale and Cartmel. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending