The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FirstGenMum72
Hi. Daughter has applied for Law with study abroad. She spent weekend on campus for the holder offer event with a friend and has decided Townhouse is not for her.

Many thanks for replying.

Thats quite alright :smile: The accommodation that they have at Lancaster is pretty decent which ever she chooses :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
We went to the open day a few weeks ago but a few questions I forget to ask

Can you have a car on campus if you’re in halls?

Can you get a supermarket delivery sent to halls?

I guess you have to live in Lancaster in second and third years. Is it easy to find accommodation? How easy is it to get to the campus each day? I guess it’s a bus? Or can you have a car?

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous

I guess you have to live in Lancaster in second and third years. Is it easy to find accommodation? How easy is it to get to the campus each day? I guess it’s a bus? Or can you have a car?

Thanks!

I believe you can have a car but I think you’ll need to pay to keep it on campus (parking etc)

Yes, you can get food deliveries to your college but it’s likely they’ll stop in a car park closest to your halls and you’ll have to take it from there to your flat.

It can be relatively easy to find accommodation in Lancaster for 2nd & 3rd year but it tends to go quite quickly so you’ll want to start looking early (around December?)

It’s very easy to get to campus by bus as there are quite a few that will go into the campus, and they’re also quite frequent so you shouldn’t have to wait too long.
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks!

Hi! I'm currently a student in Lancaster and I've just finished my second year.

As emily said, you can have a car on campus when in halls, but you do have to pay to park on campus and not many people I knew in first year had a car.
When I lived on campus in first year we actually got deliveries quite frequently as we did them as a whole flat and this worked out quite cheaply when you split the delivery costs among 8 people (or however many you're living with.) It's worth noting that there is also a free bus to Sainsbury's from campus on Wednesdays!
In second and third year you don't have to move out of halls, although most people tend do. However I do know several people who stayed on campus and had a great time! Personally I haven't found it too difficult to find accommodation in Lancaster, there definitely isn't a massive shortage like there is in some other university cities although of course the 'nicer' houses will go more quickly. The University runs a housing fair in November to showcase the options available, and SU homes has a list of SU-approved landlords and houses to choose from. Additionally, the university also runs services such as find a flatmate to help you find people to live with in second and third year if needed.
Buses between town and the University run frequently, normally at least every fifteen minutes although often every 5-10 minutes depending on where you live. I bought a year-long student bus pass last year which keeps the cost of this down. The buses can be busy but there's so many of them running that I normally don't have any difficulties getting onto campus. Quite a few people who live in town do also have cars, but having to pay for parking on campus can make this more expensive than the bus. A number of people also cycle, as there are well maintained cycle paths between the University campus and Lancaster.

Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Reply 2144
Hi, what does Bowland ensuite in the halls actually look like? I know it's been refurbished but I can't find new pictures.
Original post by asq12
Hi, what does Bowland ensuite in the halls actually look like? I know it's been refurbished but I can't find new pictures.

Hi there,

Thank you for your question!

Bowland college offers bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms which are located in Bowland Hall and Bowland Tower.

You can check out this link for more information and pictures of the accommodation we offer https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/bedrooms-with-ensuite-bathrooms/

Hope this helps :smile:

Smriti (Student Ambassador)
Original post by asq12

Hi @asq12 [br] [br] Unfortunately we do not have any photos of any refurbished rooms as yet. [br] [br] If you contact [email protected] , they will have the information first.

Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
(edited 6 months ago)
Does anyone know where i could find current pictures of all the on-campus accommodations, thanks.
Original post by d4vid679
Does anyone know where i could find current pictures of all the on-campus accommodations, thanks.
Hi @d4vid679

This link here will take you to the undergraduate accommodation page which has links to images/videos of specific accommodation types! 🙂
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 2149
Hi, Can anyone help me with specific info about rooms, types, colleges and buildings, I am trying to figure out what there is and compile a list (am I missing somewhere it is available online, because I can't find it!)!
Also, adding the number sharing a kitchen. If you know the number sharing a bathroom feel free to add that too... :smile:
I may be missing whole buildings and have things wrong!

eg

County:
Main - Superior Standard (8)
Field - TownHouses (12)
John Creed - EnSuite (??)
South - EnSuite (??)

Pendle:
?? South Campus - Standard (??)
?? South West Campus - EnSuite (??)

Bowland:
Main - Standard (??)
South - Standard (??)
East - ??
Ash - Superior Standard (??)
Bowland Halls - EnSuite (4)
Tower - EnSuite (5)
Slaidburn House - ??
???

Fylde:
Main - EnSuite (8)
George Fox - EnSuite (10)

Furness:
Main - Superior Standard? (7-11)
Perimeter Blocks - Standard? (4-6)
Other?? = EnSuite (8)

Grizedale:
Alexandra Park - Studios (1 or 2)
?? - EnSuite (5-6)
?? - TownHouses (12)
?? - Standard? (8)

Lonsdale:
?? - EnSuite (??)

Cartmel:
?? - EnSuite (??)
Original post by zcapp
Hi, Can anyone help me with specific info about rooms, types, colleges and buildings, I am trying to figure out what there is and compile a list (am I missing somewhere it is available online, because I can't find it!)!
Also, adding the number sharing a kitchen. If you know the number sharing a bathroom feel free to add that too... :smile:
I may be missing whole buildings and have things wrong!
eg
County:
Main - Superior Standard (8)
Field - TownHouses (12)
John Creed - EnSuite (??)
South - EnSuite (??)
Pendle:
?? South Campus - Standard (??)
?? South West Campus - EnSuite (??)
Bowland:
Main - Standard (??)
South - Standard (??)
East - ??
Ash - Superior Standard (??)
Tower - EnSuite (5)
Slaidburn House - ??
???
Fylde:
Main - EnSuite (8)
Furness:
Main - Superior Standard? (7-11)
Other?? = EnSuite (8)
Grizedale:
?? - EnSuite (5-6)
?? - TownHouses (12)
?? - Standard? (8)
Lonsdale:
?? - EnSuite (??)
Cartmel:
?? - EnSuite (??)
Hi will try and help best I can from what I know. You will also have students in your flat doing mixed courses, so you wont have a flat full of medics for example. Daughter was in a Grizedale townhouse of 12, and although there was not another doing physics, she did have a natural sciences, biochemist, languages, medicine, economics, business just to name a few I remember. Townhouses do not have a cleaner, so its responsibility of the students to clean up. They did have a rota, however the decorations stayed up all year, so when it was time to pack up in the summer, there was still the christmas tree, and a giant furry spider from halloween on the ceiling from Halloween lol.

County:
Main - Superior Standard (8-13)
Field - TownHouses (12) Each floor has 4 bedrooms, sharing 2 bathrooms, and theres additional toilet on the ground floor next to the kitchen
John Creed - EnSuite (i think it maybe 4-6?) the kitchen is older in the pics and doesnt look like it could hold more than that
South - EnSuite 8

Pendle:
?? South Campus - Standard (8 for definite, we saw this on open day,and they share 2 bathrooms)
?? South West Campus - EnSuite I think this is 6-8 . There used to be a you tuber called charlotte who stayed here and her channel i cant find any more, but im pretty sure its 6-8 people

Bowland:Main - Standard Stayed here with the eldest in the summer last year as she had accommodation whilst she worked at primark in the city. There was 2 corridors of 8 rooms. Each set of 8 had its own kitchen, and the two corridors met at the corner by bathrooms and there was 8 bathrooms shared by the 16 rooms.
South - Standard (??)
East - ??Ash - Superior Standard im pretty certain we looked as this and its 12-15.
Tower - EnSuite (5)
Slaidburn House - 16 rooms sharing 2 kitchens on each floor (there are 4 floors)

Fylde:Main - EnSuite (8)

Furness:Main - Superior Standard? (7-11)
EnSuite (8)

Grizedale:
EnSuite (5-6 this is 5-6)
TownHouses (12) Each floor has 4 bedrooms, sharing 2 bathrooms, and theres additional toilet on the ground floor next to the kitchen
Standard? (8 this is 8)

Lonsdale:
?? - EnSuite

Cartmel:
?? - EnSuite Mostly 8 rooms per flat, some have fewer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending