The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nashy19
My closet is relatively big, with 6 shelves, hanger space and a mirror on the back of the door.

But I think most people store their suitcases etc. in the space underneath the mattress, there's a lot of room under there.

Thanks a lot! ^^
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Does any one have any pictures for Lonsdale en-suite rooms?
Reply 1882
How easy is it to secure campus accommodation for the second and third years?
Reply 1883
Original post by Vadsi
How easy is it to secure campus accommodation for the second and third years?

Is totally dependent on luck, I'm in Cartmel (which is brilliant by the way :biggrin:) and have been accepted for on campus accommodation next year (currently first year, will be second year next year).

I know this isn't entirely helpful haha but at the end of the day that's what it comes down to.

Don't stress about it though- it'll be the same for all universities and some unis don't even guarantee on campus accommodation for first years- in fact some unis don't even have on campus accommodation at all!

Finding a house in town is really easy and you're guarunteed to make friends :smile:
Me and 3 of my housemates got accommodation on campus for next year with no problem. :smile:
Reply 1885
Can anyone take some pictures of the Graduate ensuite?
I hear that Cartmel is boring and I know it is on the edge of the campus. Does this means it is more suitable for mature students? Boring is good for me.
If any Lancastrians are still floating about on this thread, get yourselves signed up to this!
Best careers website going!
www.grb.uk.com/sbm/2672
Is all the accommodation in good condition? Like, are there any bug infestations, damp, etc.

And which college is the best for someone who's doing Management and which one is the quietest?
Original post by Starfall88
Is all the accommodation in good condition? Like, are there any bug infestations, damp, etc.

And which college is the best for someone who's doing Management and which one is the quietest?

All accommodation is in great condition, they've spent a lot of money upgrading it all in recent years. The only complaints I've heard of are people in Bowland, which is still a little lacking in it's standard. Regards to other problems, we also have an amazing repair service on campus - I've had two things break in my room, sent an online report about it and the next day someone came and fixed it. You can report everything on there, and any problems they'll deal with straight away.
For the Management school it is definitely Grizedale, which I'm in. It's right next to the Mangement and Marketing Schools, and we have a lot of people doing the courses - they also use the George Fox Lecture Halls, which is next to Grizedale as well. Most houses have at least one person doing Management in Grizedale!
And quietest would have to be one of the South-West Campus Colleges - Lonsdale or Cartmel, I would say - but I'm not as knowledgeable on those ones, sorry!
(edited 11 years ago)
If anyone has Facebook you can view all the rooms on here

https://www.facebook.com/LUAccommodation/photos_albums

- I could upload a certain one if you don't have access to Facebook and requested it (:
Original post by JoshLancs
All accommodation is in great condition, they've spent a lot of money upgrading it all in recent years. The only complaints I've heard of are people in Bowland, which is still a little lacking in it's standard. Regards to other problems, we also have an amazing repair service on campus - I've had two things break in my room, sent an online report about it and the next day someone came and fixed it. You can report everything on there, and any problems they'll deal with straight away.
For the Management school it is definitely Grizedale, which I'm in. It's right next to the Mangement and Marketing Schools, and we have a lot of people doing the courses - they also use the George Fox Lecture Halls, which is next to Grizedale as well. Most houses have at least one person doing Management in Grizedale!
And quietest would have to be one of the South-West Campus Colleges - Lonsdale or Cartmel, I would say - but I'm not as knowledgeable on those ones, sorry!

Original post by JoshLancs
If anyone has Facebook you can view all the rooms on here

https://www.facebook.com/LUAccommodation/photos_albums

- I could upload a certain one if you don't have access to Facebook and requested it (:

Thanks for the reply, I was kinda nervous about the accommodation after reading about the state of other university's accommodation. I don't have Facebook but I can still see the pictures, the accommodation looks great. :smile:

Is Cartmel and Lonsdale within walking distance to the Management school?
Thanks for the reply, I was kinda nervous about the accommodation after reading about the state of other university's accommodation. I don't have Facebook but I can still see the pictures, the accommodation looks great. :smile:

No problem! Yeah, I was really impressed with all the accomodation here, especially after seeing some others as you say haha.

Yeah, southwest campus where they are is just a little bit extra off (~3-6 minutes)- I'm in Grizedale and I can see it from my window!

But the campus is really well designed all round. "The spine" is our name for the centre walkway through campus that goes all the way from the North (County College) to the South (Pendle College) and it means you can get anywhere within the university in about 10 minutes.

Also, Southwest campus has a bus service that drives round it, so you don't even need to walk all the way to the centre to get the bus if you would like, which is much easier! Especially as it's the 3 service, which anyone here will tell you is the best and quickest service into town.
How many to a flat at County?
Reply 1894
Original post by Rick Grimes
How many to a flat at County?

Go on the website.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1895

Also Lanc Uni has won the best uni accommodation for the past 3 years in a row :smile:. With imperial just jogging behind, think about how many universities there are in the UK, they must be the best.

Personally Grizedale is the best, ill be applying there for my first choice within 1-2 days of the accommodation application opening.

I might consider doing management as a minor but idk :/, I've firmed for Comp Sci Masters integrated (4 years).

Btw how do you pronounce Grizedale?

Is it:
1. Gry-ze-dail
2. Griii-ze-dail

Reply 1896
hey guys,
this might be a strange question but i just wanted to know if the accommodation is warm enough? It seems like I am the person who is always freezing so would like to find out if it is comfortable to live in halls. :biggrin:

And one more thing, did a lot of you, already studying at Lancaster, manage to stay in halls for the rest of their course? (not only 1st year)
Original post by helvetia
hey guys,
this might be a strange question but i just wanted to know if the accommodation is warm enough? It seems like I am the person who is always freezing so would like to find out if it is comfortable to live in halls. :biggrin:

And one more thing, did a lot of you, already studying at Lancaster, manage to stay in halls for the rest of their course? (not only 1st year)

The halls are generally an okay temperature, but it never hurts to bring an extra blanket or something just incase. :smile:

When I was there, loads of my friends [and indeed myself] stayed on campus for all three years. Probably at least 50% of the people I mixed with did. But, I think that is becoming rarer now, as the demand for on campus accommodation grows with more freshers each year [thus reducing the number of rooms available to returners]. It is always a possibility, but it isn't something you can rely on. It shouldn't be a problem though. Chancellor's in town is returners uni-owned accommodation and the city is friendly enough should you live out properly. :smile:
Reply 1898
Original post by affinity89
The halls are generally an okay temperature, but it never hurts to bring an extra blanket or something just incase. :smile:

When I was there, loads of my friends [and indeed myself] stayed on campus for all three years. Probably at least 50% of the people I mixed with did. But, I think that is becoming rarer now, as the demand for on campus accommodation grows with more freshers each year [thus reducing the number of rooms available to returners]. It is always a possibility, but it isn't something you can rely on. It shouldn't be a problem though. Chancellor's in town is returners uni-owned accommodation and the city is friendly enough should you live out properly. :smile:

Thanks a lot for quick and informative response! I would like to stay on campus all the time but I'll see of course. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Tish
Also Lanc Uni has won the best uni accommodation for the past 3 years in a row :smile:. With imperial just jogging behind, think about how many universities there are in the UK, they must be the best.

Personally Grizedale is the best, ill be applying there for my first choice within 1-2 days of the accommodation application opening.

I might consider doing management as a minor but idk :/, I've firmed for Comp Sci Masters integrated (4 years).

Btw how do you pronounce Grizedale?

Is it:
1. Gry-ze-dail
2. Griii-ze-dail

Hey there!

I know we aren't Grizedale College :tongue: but you pronounce Grizedale literally as

Grize-dale

as in

Gryz-dail

just two syllables :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending