The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We cease to function. According to the laws on the concervation of energy, we will always exist, though.

Frankly, I am happy enough knowing many people will live great lifes after mine, it's the beauty of the relationships I will have that will destroy me.
Reply 41
A doctor signs lots of complex forms and makes some money (if you are cremated), then your family/friends grieve. If you don't have any family/friends, then it sucks. Then the world keeps turning, and another impossible philosophical question gets asked on some backwater corner of the internet.
Reply 42
'Everyone dies when they turn 100 and then they go to heaven, and if they want a turkey for dinner then they can ask God for a turkey for dinner and they'll get one.'

...I actually used to think this when I was about 3 years old and asked my grandad about it..
Everyone died at 100 and went to heaven where God would give you anything you wanted.
So, so naive.. :rolleyes:
scrape my remains off the road and launch a possible murder enquiry as to why my parachute failed to open
I don't want to believe that there is nothing after we die and we just rot forever
But I don't want to believe that we wander the earth as ghosts forever either.

I think maybe we have multiple lives and we learn something new from each one maybe? and when we learn enough we can go to paradise land or whatever lol :smile:
thats what I want to think anyway
Reply 45
History Lost in Physics
Inheritance tax

Haha :biggrin:

I think we get reincarnated. I'm about 80-90% sure I'm coming back as a snow leopard.
josht111
Perhaps a rather pessimistic outlook, but my personal belief, is that death is the terminal of our lives, souls, and our existence. The only thing left of us, is an inanimate collection of rotting organs and bodily detritus.

Those are truly fantastic adjectives. :cool:
Reply 47
Your body decomposes and that's it.

Is there an afterlife? You tell me after disproving all of the inaccuracies that can be found in every religion.
Reply 48
Minos stands there - horribly there - and barking.
He, on the threshold, checks degrees of guilt,
then judges and dispatches with his twirling tail.

... obviously.
Reply 49
I reckon nothing happens. Basically, we lose consciousness and thats it. Sort of like before we were born.
Reply 50
_Fleur_
Haha :biggrin:

I think we get reincarnated. I'm about 80-90% sure I'm coming back as a snow leopard.

Everyone wants to come back as something cool, like a Cheetah. But really, if reincarnation exists, you're statistically more likely to come back as something like an ant, given the number of insects in the world. Sounds a lot less glamourous, eh? o.O
I think humans can be compared greatly with Gold fish.

A fish in its tank will never be able to comprehend or understand what goes on outside its relatively primitive habitat.

It simply isn’t smart enough.

The earth and outer space (to an extent), is our tank. Us humans are too stupid and not yet advanced enough.

Anything supernatural out there that may await us could be way too sophisticated for even the smartest person to grasp.
Reply 52
There's only so much 'living it up' as an old lady you can do - i'll welcome whatever afterlife.

Latest

Trending

Trending