The Student Room Group

Mayer Brown Interview...?

Hey people!

I noticed that quite a lot of people have interviews with Mayer Brown on here. Has anyone had theirs yet? How did you find it?

Good luck!

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd like to know if anyone has been rejected from mayer brown before interview 2bh!

The interviews with MB dont start till next week
Haha! I noticed that too!

In Lex it says that they only had 1000 applications last year, I bet it's gone up massively this year. *sigh*.

Best of luck!

Has anyone already had an interview for Mayer Brown then?

Jess :smile: xxxxxxx
Okay thefiddler...

Yeah, ssk2. Mine is one the Thursday! Eeeeek!

How about yours?

Best of luck!
Reply 4
Mine is on Monday.. I'm one of the first :smile:
Summer :smile:
Reply 6
Summer- but now have to change to Easter after getting other offers.
Reply 7
mine is on wednesday (summer)

I've heard its a pretty standard interview
Reply 8
just a word of warning, when you go in for your interview, please don't mention anything about their t-shirts not fitting :smile:
I read something about the "t-shirt" thing on ROF!

Did you mention it then sanachan, or was that just a joke :P

What does everyone think of MB then? Would it be your first choice to train with? Personally, I think it looks great!

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 10
Dino_lawyer
Mine is on Monday.. I'm one of the first :smile:

How was the interview?!?!! any subtle hints etc etc. more cv based or commercially?

Also, how long do they take to get back to people?

Im soo excitedly nervous!
Reply 11
Tasha-twi
How was the interview?!?!! any subtle hints etc etc. more cv based or commercially?

Also, how long do they take to get back to people?

Im soo excitedly nervous!

Mine is tomorrow and I'm very, very nervous! How can you be so excited?! :p: I'm really hoping I get it, but I'm not holding out that much hope....:o:
Reply 12
ssk2
Mine is tomorrow and I'm very, very nervous! How can you be so excited?! :p: I'm really hoping I get it, but I'm not holding out that much hope....:o:

yeh well I'm more nervous than excited 2bh. But at the same time, I'm excited that I've actually got an interview with them! do you have other interviews? is this your first one?
Reply 13
Tasha-twi
yeh well I'm more nervous than excited 2bh. But at the same time, I'm excited that I've actually got an interview with them! do you have other interviews? is this your first one?

Yeah, first one so more than a little nervous. I've heard they're nice people though, and its fairly straightforward as far as interviews go, so.... I'm also a bit more optimistic as no-one I know, on TSR or IRL, has applied for the Easter scheme, so hopefully it'll be slightly less competitive.
Anyone had theres yet? How did it go? :smile:

Jess xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 15
I had mine today. I don't really want to give much away 2bh but what I will say is that the are interviewing A LOT more people than I previously thought. 12 a day for approx 2.5weeks for about 40ish places.
Reply 16
I got it! Called me up the afternoon after my interview and offered me a place :smile: dead chuffed!
Got a call too, so happy! :biggrin:

Have you had your interview Herbie198? Feel free to PM if you have any questions :smile:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 18
oh poop. I feel another post interview rejection coming on. Did anyone else feel like they were being recorded in the interview?
I thought the graduate recruitment were exceptionally friendly..?

Tasha-twi, i'm sure you will be fine. I saw on the other thread where you have interviews, pretty impressive!

Are you law or non-law?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending