The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My thread title was unintentionally confrontational, I wasn't trying to imply any superiority or inferiority, but to look at the arguement that has been going on for years from a slightly different point of view (usually supremacy is based on technological achievements, etc).
"The average black person is larger, and it's obvious"
Prove it.
Well, academically and intellectually, Blacks are 'lower' than other races.

But in the end, we are human and we all have strengths and weaknesses.
Reply 23
Yes there are SLIGHT genetic differences between the races. This ranges from percentages of different types of twitch fibers in the muscles (black people typically have more fast-twitch fibers which makes them slightly better in athletics) to things like IQ. Large samples of culture fair IQ tests between races have shown a small but clear variance between races.

Now, all this might be true. But you certainly can't bring it up without being thrown in the fire. A fair few Psychologists researching IQ/race differences have lost their reputation over this.
Black people traded brains for brawn. Generally they are less intelligent than Caucasian people.
Reply 25
I was watching a programme about this and this guy said that blacks are quite inferior in intelligence to other races and then everyone thought he was a racist but I think that it COULD be true, that doesn't make him racist. If you do averages then I would say blacks are probably more physically fit than other races, but that they are inferior in intelligence to other races. In 100 years we might be proven wrong, but from what I have heard this is the case. I don't care if you think this is racism - some people have to realise that saying things that ARE true (or believed to be true) aren't racist if it involves other races.

It's funny how people don't really care that someone makes a thread about blacks being superior to other races physically. Yet, if someone made a thread about whites being superior to blacks in terms of intellect then everyone would go mad and flame for racism.
Reply 26
Barry Chuckle
Black people traded brains for brawn. Generally they are less intelligent than Caucasian people.

This is most likely true tbh, its all in the genes
They may be more physiologically adapted to running faster and jumping further but doesnt make them more/less superior to white people. If you're going to say that you may as well say that since panthers run faster and catch their own food using their own bodies rather than tools developed for them by their ancestors that panthers are superior to humans - how are we to know how "intelligent" panthers are - they cant understand our language but we cant understand theirs either. So no, you're wrong. There is no superiority in the matter - the only difference is the conditions under which our ancestors have been placed, causing us to adapt differently.
Reply 28
So many black strongmen, powerlifters and olympic weightlifters utilising their God given genetic super strength...

...Owait.
Reply 29
Why do people make these stupid,annoying and repetitive threads ?

:angry:

Yes,we are superior :rolleyes: neeeeeext >>
I think black people are often physically superior in certain areas which help in sport, such as speed and height. Black males tend to be tall and put on muscle very easily, which makes them good physically for athletics. But that's only in a few areas of sport such as basketball and sprinting.
But saying that Russians/Eastern Europeans are generally thought to be tough and some are pretty huge for often make good weight lifters. The Chinese/Asians are usually pretty agile/dexterous for are good at things like tale tennis and badminton.

As for all the intelligence remarks, I don't think anyone can say that from everyday life, the amount of brain power needed to succeed in life isn't much, it comes down to commitment to a certain discipline. The problem for a lot of black males in particular is that that focus isn't on academic success, its often sport, music or less legal careers.
Reply 31
D R E A M Z
They generally are more muscular, but this could be due to differences in culture.

Anyway white people are smarter, jokezzzzzz.

Genetics actually
You're concentrating on only the physical aspects. What about intelligence/politics/business?
They sink faster, but can jump higher.

That's the only thing I've got.
wow, the guy/girl's only tryin to start a discussion. are we really all so childish that we can't deal with a discussion involving race or differences between races that we can't actually talk about it without branding them a racist? it's hilarious/pathetic.
Reply 36
Havn't you thought of the possibility that blacks contend in those sports because they are more likely to be poor, and therefore at a young age they would see boxing etc as a way out of poverty, as the education they tend to get in the inner cities is usually garbage? Same goes for singing.

With the running though, their muscle fibres are more suited sprinting.... and the blacks who do run in endurance races live in high altittude areas.. you dont see many Jamaicans win the Marathon.

Whites or Asians wouldn't risk persuing a sports career because employment is generally more available to them.
Reply 37
Incredible lack of thought in this argument. 'Eastern races excel in academic pursuits and research, so assuming black people have the same intellectual capacity as other races, they are superior!'. The entire argument is built upon the premise that what the OP thinks of the race defines the race, and yet later reasoning contradicts this entirely.

It doesn't even matter what the argument is, the reasoning is clearly flawed.
Reply 38
Look at the line up for the 100 sprint at the next olympics... Sure there are subtle differences.
burninginme
Lets not try and deny it, in the majority of sports that requier high levels of strength and endurance, black people often fill the professional pisitions at a higher proportion than Whites or Asians.

While not always true, blacks on the whole tend to be physically more robust than any other race. Whites, Indians and Middle Eastern races on the whole are very similar in build and could potentially be considered as part of them same racially catagory. Far Eastern Asians, ie Chinese, Japanese, etc, on the whole seem to be less physically robust than Whites and Blacks (of course, not always, but in general). However, the far eastern races often tend to excel in academic pursuits and research.

Working on the assumption that the intellectual capacity of the average Black person is the same as the average person of any other race - would that not made black people the superior race considering they are evently physically stronger on average than other races?

I'm not a racist, but this is something that as struck me as a complex issue for some time. However, this arguement could also potentially back-up claims that whiles blacks excell physically, intellectually they are behind. I do not believe that, but for someone who did, it could certainly be a resonable strong arguement.

Quite on the contrarty, white people are actually far stronger than black people. How many black powerlifting champs, weightlifting champs, worlds strongest man, wrestling and MMA champs etc have been black? Not that many.

And there is a reason, a black person can generate moderate force for longer, such as running as while yes it is expolosive, you are actually moving very little weight, they would struggle for example to carry weight over 100m vs a white person.
The muscles of a black person are not as dense as that of a white person, this is why they often 'appear' visually bigger (ignoring the definition darker skin tone shows) while the white person would be visably smaller, weights would be similar and total power output would be greater from the white person.

There are many articles on this in Peak Performance and some other scientific journals, have a mooch.
As for intellect, this is the result of an American study
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IQ-4races-rotate-highres.png
I make no comments about this at all, this is just what was displayed.

So to answer your question: no, there is evidiance to the contrary

Latest

Trending

Trending