The Student Room Group
Reply 1
not true depending on type of knowledge, for example, if that knowledge is knowledge about methods of learning, it would lead to you becoming less ignorant
Reply 2
Oladz
not true depending on type of knowledge, for example, if that knowledge is knowledge about methods of learning, it would lead to you becoming less ignorant

:eyeball: what do you mean?
Reply 3
G O D I V A
:eyeball: what do you mean?

if you learn how to learn, your knowledge is not leading to ignorance
Reply 4
When one gains knowledge, another would not, and so is more ignorant as a result. Thus, with knowledge comes ignorance.

This implies that both knowledge and ignorance are totally relative depending on who is being discussed.

EDIT: Ah, you want ways that the statement is false. Nevermind then. :smile:
Reply 5
One of the arguments could be that you gain knowledge to be open minded and accept different points of view, thus learning to not be ignorant.
Reply 6
That is what i thought; you learn and more doors open. You could spend your entire life devoted to maths and in the end you may be the best in the field, but (1) you most likely will not know everything in maths and all its applications and (2) you will be ignorant in other areas like history or art
Reply 7
G O D I V A
Hey, I've got this question Is it true that With knowledge comes ignorance?

I have to write an essay on it and i've done all the ways that it is true, but i cant think of any ways that it isnt true. How can you acquire knowledge and not become ignorant?

Help is appreciated, and also if you want, you can state ways/examples how it is true so i can see if i got something similar

do i smell a tok essay per chance?

Latest

Trending

Trending