The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
leedsblade
True. Sure I'll survive just about though. :wink:

Gemx

I'm sure you will. If they provide more units to choose, I think the teachers would be able to mark them as they should be experts. :p:
Reply 61
trev
If they provide more units to choose, I think the teachers would be able to mark them as they should be experts. :p:

The teachers at my school didn't even know what SSL meant when they were trying to 'teach' us the Internet Systems and Services unit. :rolleyes:
Reply 62
trev
I'm sure you will. If they provide more units to choose, I think the teachers would be able to mark them as they should be experts. :p:

:biggrin: :cool:

Gemx
I do a double Media AVCE and i like it because most the work is pratical...the A level people dont go into as much detail as us and don't get to do as much pratical stuff. I find that most of the work gets done in college because we get use lessons to work on units, and the work done out of college is usually filming, or interviewing people. I think that its probably easier than the AS's im doing but probably because i enjoy it more as its pratical and theyre essay based (psychology, history and sociology)
Reply 64
leedsblade
:biggrin: :cool:

Gemx

You will. I can help you if you need to. :smile:
Reply 65
trev
You will. I can help you if you need to. :smile:

Thanks. Its appreciated!

Gemx
Reply 66
god i wouldnt want to mark a set of 20 portfoloios especially as i have 3 different groups thats 60 of the things

glad largest group i've got is 13!!

regards mr j
Reply 67
leedsblade
Thanks. Its appreciated!

Gemx

Welcome. :smile: I can only help you on the web site one and not the others as I didn't choose those. In addition, I don't follow Edexcel, nonetheless, I chose the website one.
Reply 68
im thinkin ov takin on AVCE ICT 4rm September...do u fink im making the rite choice??or am i taking a big risk???HELP me pleeezzz!!!im currenlty doing AVCE Business n its ok..
Reply 69
Nadz
im thinkin ov takin on AVCE ICT 4rm September...do u fink im making the rite choice??or am i taking a big risk???HELP me pleeezzz!!!im currenlty doing AVCE Business n its ok..

AVCE ICT is quite fun in my opinion. The stuff at AS is quite simple and a bit boring, nevertheless you get good grades though! I got an A at AS. In the second part, you get to choose the units you want to do. However, those units in the second part are mostlsy indepdent study kind of thing.

From September 2005, it will be called GCE Applied ICT instead of AVCE ICT. In addition, the contents are slightly different but most of the stuff are the same though.

See the websites for more details (listed all the exam boards as I didn't know which one you're doing):

AQA - http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/avce/ict.html
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-8751-8753-8756-8759-W-SP-06.pdf
OCR - http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/Data/Publication/Specifications,%20Syllabuses%20&%20Tutors%20Handbooks/AS_A_Level1547.pdf
Edexcel - http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/83984/UA015271_GCE_in_Applied_ICT__8751_52___9751_52_.pdf
Reply 70
GCSE english may be a more practical solution.
Reply 71
AT82
GCSE english may be a more practical solution.

Me? :frown:
Reply 72
I think AT82 was referring to "Nadz".
Reply 73
Aj2003
I think AT82 was referring to "Nadz".

Ok then.
Is anyone doing Unit 3 health and social care? I need to know how to do A1 and A2 because most of our class is behind in some of their work, so our teacher says he won't have enouth time to do the A grade stuff. I really want a B grade at least in this unit, can anyone help?
Reply 75
AndrewsJoseph
Is anyone doing Unit 3 health and social care? I need to know how to do A1 and A2 because most of our class is behind in some of their work, so our teacher says he won't have enouth time to do the A grade stuff. I really want a B grade at least in this unit, can anyone help?

Yes to speak to senior management at your school/college don't stand for AVCE tutors not doing their job properly. I didn't and as direct result of my compaign to raise standards they employed a scouser from a council estate - he was one of the best lecturers I ever had dispite his really strong scouser dielect.
Reply 76
AndrewsJoseph

Copy and paste what you wrote just now and make a new thread. People would answer you quickly.

Although the teacher does not have to time to do the A grade stuff, that doesn't mean you don't do it. You could do some research on your own and/or ask your teacher about it.

Latest