The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

just look back through this forum, there is masses on accom. look up uea on f/book
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 3
frogpig
Can anyone tell me what the accomodation at UEA is like, and if there is any relation to which accmodation block you get into/how early you get your accmodation form in? I know its random, but could anyone tell me about Nelson or Constable in particular? And Norfolk/Sussex? Thank yoooou :-) :-D

XXX

Im in nelson court, which is awesome! its the same layout as constable but closer to the the centre- literally 2 mins walk to lecture theatres/ lcr. its ensuite and the rooms are bigger than in the newest accommodation.

when you apply for accommodation you apply for a type, i.e. campus standard, campus ensuite, village ensuite, so you dont apply for one particular residency. the one you apply for depends on how much you are willing to pay.

Norfolk/ suffolk are cheaper because they are not ensuite, so depends on whether you mind sharing a bathroom or not.

hope this helps
Reply 4
Lots of them are the same..I can't remember the names of them but they're all pretty nice!
Sorry, that wasn't very useful. Just wanted to say I've noticed you're applying to English Lit at 4 of the same places as me! I just didn't like Royal Holloway very much when I visited and put Surrey instead. Good luck, hope you get your offers soon :smile:
Reply 5
khalbert
Lots of them are the same..I can't remember the names of them but they're all pretty nice!
Sorry, that wasn't very useful. Just wanted to say I've noticed you're applying to English Lit at 4 of the same places as me! I just didn't like Royal Holloway very much when I visited and put Surrey instead. Good luck, hope you get your offers soon :smile:

Thanks! I thought about Surrey but wanted at least one Uni that was uber close to London but not central. TBH tho, I just wanna hear back from UEA!!!!! xxxxx
Nelson has the biggest rooms etc

But Paston is best for parties. Standard :smile:
i'm in constable at the mo and i love it. the rooms and bathrooms are massive compared to the newer buildings, even though theyre the same price! my friend lives in norfolk, and she loves it even though its shared bathrooms.
Reply 8
i want sociable but not OTT...you reckon that would be ok in norfolk/suffolk or better in constable/nelson? xxx
Reply 9
frogpig
i want sociable but not OTT...you reckon that would be ok in norfolk/suffolk or better in constable/nelson? xxx

Depends whether you want to share a bathroom or not?? Nelson/ constable have mainly flats of 10 (with some of 6) with a kitchen on the ground floor and rooms on the floors above. Think Norfolk/ suffolk have anywhere between 8 and 12 people sharing.
Reply 10
I was in norfolk and absolutely loved it! very sociable, nice big rooms and very sociable. awesome views too!
I had a HUGE flat, there were 14 of us which was great. I find the newer accom kinda lacks character, but that might just be me!
I'm in Britten (the newest accomodation) and I love it. TBH everyone here is really social, just as much as our friends from Suffolk terrace and constable/nelson etc. The only thing is that they have more people in their flat than we do. Nelson is nice, the rooms are bigger than ours but they're kitchen is slightly older, they're in a good location though. Constable is a bit more out of the way but pretty much identicle to Nelson. Suffolk and Norfolk are fine once you get over having to share a bathroom. I do still prefer my halls though as they're so clean and shiny, and I love having my own bathroom. Plus it's a bit of a game of luck, you can only choose ensuite campus, ensuite village and non-ensuite. I would say avoid the Village, it's really hit and miss. A couple of people love it, but the majority I've met live with antisocial people and hate the journey to and from campus.
I'm interested in campus en-suite rooms, preferably something close to the centre of the uni, and nice and socialable.

Could anyone recommend me anything?
Reply 13
oo_Lucinda_oo
I'm interested in campus en-suite rooms, preferably something close to the centre of the uni, and nice and socialable.

Could anyone recommend me anything?

you don't get a choice - you just ask for 'campus en-suite' and end up where you end up
kate0904
you don't get a choice - you just ask for 'campus en-suite' and end up where you end up

Really? Oh, how crap.
Reply 15
oo_Lucinda_oo
Really? Oh, how crap.

yep, have a look at the UEA accommodation link i posted further up
what they ask you to do is rank the groups of accommodation you want so
'village en-suite'
'campus en-suite'
'standard campus'
'standard city centre'
etc

you do usually get your first choice of type of accomm, but yeah, no choice over which block you're in
Reply 16
all of the en-suite are pretty similar then. Loads are identical. is it constable and nelson then pastone and britten as identical pairs?!
anyway, they're all very central apart from constable, which isn't exactly a trek... x
Reply 17
Sociability is dependent on flatmates, not the residence itself - there isn't an area which is classically more sociable than the other really.

Although Norfolk Terrace is clearly the place to be :smile:
Reply 18
It's suffolk lol. Nah it's fairly random, I only know one person who got their first choice.

Britten, Paston, Colman are all almost identical and very good [ensuite]. Constable is also similar but a bit older I think. I've heard Nelson is good too. They're the ensuite you'd be likely to get I think. Norfolk and Suffolk are fine, they are always ridiculously hot though, but there's no problems with bathrooms or toilets. Hope that helps.
Which accommodation would you lot say was the quietist? I really can't do with nighttime noise in excess. Reading above I see Village looks a bit quieter but anyone know a specific block (so I can request it due to medical reasons...) Cheers :smile: