The Student Room Group

Liverpool Community College

I was meant to sit my PA2 exam today and guess what? The wonderful shower of bastards at Liverpool Community College decided that despite having medical proof that I'm dyspraxic and that writing a pen and paper for anywhere near as long as a two-hour exam will cause problems for me, they refused to tell the NCTJ about it and because of it I missed two exams and will have to do a re-sit and need to do double the work for half the marks. That's on top of the two exams I'll have to take either side of them so that's four exams in two days.

It also meant I couldn't sit my Law 2 exam yesterday because of the same problem. So I have to take two exams I would've only just passed in normal situation, now I've got no chance.

Unless you are going to give me the two grand to resit the year and take the exam first time round may I thank you for ******* up my career you lazy shower of dicks.
Reply 1
I'm dealing with the college in T minus seven hours and boy am I pissed.

If anyone is even remotely considering skipping university and opting for the fast track course then I'd strongly advise you against it for the following reasons:

- You are expected to be able to write between 80 and 100 words per minute in Shorthand by the end of the course. The current one year class were expected to achieve 50 words at Christmas but every one of them walked out of the exam without handing in their papers because the teacher's attendance is inconsistent and most have just given up caring.

- Sub editing has been renamed 'YouTube time' by students because all anyone does in the lesson is sit on there and Facebook for the whole two hours. The subbing teacher does not teach the class fully because it is not a compulsory exam and has given two assignments to the class since September.

- News Writing is taught in the worst possible way anyone could train budding journalists. Reading press releases about the same dog getting run over in Oxdown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxdown_Gazette) by a teacher whose only input on the group is slating anyone who doesn't write a near-perfect introduction and making as many crude innuendoes as is possible, most notably 'said the bishop to the choirboy'.

- The same teacher undermined the abilities of the students by playing down their chances of passing the PA2 exam. This is the same teacher who taught the class for PA and boasted about once marking mock exam papers whilst drinking wine.

- Sports writing, for all the good it does, is as inconsistent as the Shorthand lessons. The lessons are cancelled last minute frequently and students who have to travel from the likes of Chester and Wigan every day are forced to hang around for over an hour waiting for the lesson when they could be doing something more productive with their time.

In terms of positives, Media Law is the only saving grace of the whole course in what is an otherwise disgrace of an academic course.

Latest

Trending

Trending