The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kararrr
I got Unite House too and it wasn't even on my preference list... It looks pretty decent though right?

it was my second choice, i think it looks fun
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
For self catered, will we get pans, dishes, plates and like tin openers or do we need to get them?
Original post by luna.lovegood
Nice! Engineering Maths

Wow! Well maybe we'll meet in halls :smile:
Original post by kararrr
I got Unite House too and it wasn't even on my preference list... It looks pretty decent though right?

Yeah it looks good, decent rooms and loads of stuff in the residence itself to play with which should be fun :P
Original post by ssargithan
For self catered, will we get pans, dishes, plates and like tin openers or do we need to get them?

No, you gotta get your own plates, cutlery, pots and pans ect :h:
Original post by zacm1213
I got Waverley House too even though it wasn't any of my choices. From what I've seen it's quite nice, only downside being the shared bathrooms. What are you studying?

It was one of my choices (2nd or 3rd) but I honestly didn't expect to get it. My first choice claimed availability would be good so didn't concern me :P Still it looks nice though, and super happy with location anyway. I'm studying Computer Science, you?

Original post by SamuelSingleton
Not waverley, but in the rackhay just next door .. thankful to be on the harbor so close to town
It was my second option though and waverley third :biggrin:

The harbor area looks really nice tbh, and seems to be very near to loads of stuff, so excited now :biggrin: What are you studying??
Anyone at Winkworth House? I've been given a place there, even though it wasn't one of my 3 choices...which is quite disappointing :frown: I'm a bit worried about Winkworth, haven't heard great things about it, plus the house is for mature students but I'm only 18.
Original post by k4l397

The harbor area looks really nice tbh, and seems to be very near to loads of stuff, so excited now :biggrin: What are you studying??

yeah, basically right in the heart of town and there are some really nice cheappppppp restaurants literally right outside our flats !

I'm studying neuroscience, plus friend is staying in waverley so we may even bump into one another soon aha
Original post by SamuelSingleton
yeah, basically right in the heart of town and there are some really nice cheappppppp restaurants literally right outside our flats !

I'm studying neuroscience, plus friend is staying in waverley so we may even bump into one another soon aha

yay, nothing better than somewhere cheap to save me from actually ever having to cook :P Have you booked any of the events like Icebreaker ect? I was just going to leave it till the week and see what people in my flat do, but it seems like quite a few people have booked it. I wish they'd just tell us the rooms we were in then I'd be able to ask people in my flat rather than guess :P
Original post by DampSquid
Anyone at Winkworth House? I've been given a place there, even though it wasn't one of my 3 choices...which is quite disappointing :frown: I'm a bit worried about Winkworth, haven't heard great things about it, plus the house is for mature students but I'm only 18.

same here, I hope it's not really quiet/boring there??
HI everyone,

This thread has too many posts in it so I've set up a new thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3547941

Please continue the conversation there :woo:

Puddles
:h:

Latest

Trending

Trending