The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
can someone tell me how long after you made Bristol your firm choice that you got your accomodation pack? I would like to know how long i have to wait for the accomodation pack. thank you
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1181
They sent them all out a few weeks ago rather than a certain amount of time after you accepted your offer. I'd guess they'll send you one pretty quickly so you can make the deadline of 12th July. :smile:

To save you panicking if you get it late: Get at least 4 passport photos taken and write a short personal statement about your interests (and perhaps achievements)... mine's 295 words if that helps anyone.
Reply 1182
mini moi
can someone tell me how long after you made Bristol your firm choice that you got your accomodation pack? I would like to know how long i have to wait for the accomodation pack. thank you

Can't quite remember but it was a few weeks, I have a feeling they might wait until after the week or two time that you have to change your mind. But it could easily be different since they must be less busy now.

Cliche, just phone up and beg. At least that's what I'm planning on doing if my maths pass mark isn't drasticly low.
But I'm not looking foreward to having to wait until A level results are out to know if Bristol has been kind if I miss the marks, you'd have even longer. But maybe we'll be in. Goodluck.
heya, stupid question but does anyone know what the photos are for? do they all need to be the same? because i have 2 matching pairs and i'm too lazy to drive the twenty minutes to a town with a photo machine :biggrin:
thanks
Reply 1184
I'm sure as long as they all look like you it'll be fine. :p:
lucy_helen
heya, stupid question but does anyone know what the photos are for? do they all need to be the same? because i have 2 matching pairs and i'm too lazy to drive the twenty minutes to a town with a photo machine :biggrin:
thanks

my mate gave in 4 different ones! :p: i look soooo ridiculous in mine, i was all flushed and the booth was really dark, so i look like i've run a marathon and have these huge shadows under my eyes!!!
Subbacultcha
my mate gave in 4 different ones! :p: i look soooo ridiculous in mine, i was all flushed and the booth was really dark, so i look like i've run a marathon and have these huge shadows under my eyes!!!

actually that does pose a good question; what are the photos for? i'm assuming they're meant to be the standard headshot type, yeah? are we meant to remain pretty emotionless or can we full on smile?
Reply 1187
Jesus, I really don't think it matters that much. They simply need a record of what you look like, for things such as your mealcard (if you're catered).

You lot really do fuss over nothing!
Reply 1188
kasias

Cliche, just phone up and beg. At least that's what I'm planning on doing if my maths pass mark isn't drasticly low.
But I'm not looking foreward to having to wait until A level results are out to know if Bristol has been kind if I miss the marks, you'd have even longer. But maybe we'll be in. Goodluck.

Heh I think begging only work for international students(£££). Anyway I got an e-mail on friday from the Law admissions tutor and he said he will consider me for the Law degree. I have to submit a new personal statement explaining why I want to study law(no word limit:smile:) and they also require me to sit the LNAT which I will sit on June 25.
So I still feel some hope that I can get into Bristol this fall:smile:
Reply 1189
I'm beginning to wonder about Hillside/Woodside for a first choice. That extra £500 would be nice... I mean, 29 people isn't that small is it? Urg, I dunno.
rewolf31
Whaaa I really don't know what to write. (Ok, well I mostly do, but aren't sure how to put it) :frown:

I think I'll apply for Durdham 1st, and HB 2nd..... Also, in the pack, in the ddhm section it says something like 'we at Durdham welcome those who would like to join in with Durdham's traditions'... Has anyone any idea what 'traditions' they're on about? :confused:

Any help would be really appreciated, and rewarded with love and: :bl:
(I think that symbolises rides on a giant green wtfmonster but I'm not certain)

thankyou!!!!

I'm going for durdham first too :smile: Hopefully i'll see you there.!
Just write something about wanting to join the JCR and stuff i guess??
Reply 1191
stepheh

...What's the JCR again? it's on the tip of my tongue but i can't remember! =X

Edit: Google is my friend :tongue:ig: "The Junior Common Room (JCR) committee..."

(...This does not bode well :frown: )

(GL with the app by the way)
Does anyone know when we`ll hear which hall we`ve got into? It says on the form they`ll let us know before 31st August, but how much before?!!
Reply 1193
A day or two....
To the person that negged me for my last post and wrote 'u no y'
eh??
what am I meant to know..?

plus, learn to type.
idiot.
stepheh

Is that what you got negged for?!?!?! Someone seriously hates Durdham....
Paranoid Kid
Is that what you got negged for?!?!?! Someone seriously hates Durdham....

or someone seems to be out to get stepheh!!
I think someone knows what you did last summer.
Reply 1198
it's crazy...there's some notorious neg repper on the loose
curse you, neg repper.
teg reggib teg reggib esio trot
Every one filled in their accomodation stuff yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending