The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If I remember correctly, your AS Level marks are only valid for being carried forward for one year, after that they expire.

My sister appeared for Maths (P1 and M1) in her first year, then Maths (P3 and S1) in her second year...however her AS percentage dropped from 97% to 85%. So she wanted to go ahead and re-appear for Maths (P3 and S1) and get her previous AS percentage carried forward to achieve an A Level qualification in Maths. But they told her that her AS result had "expired" and that she would have to appear for all of the units. I guess that answers your question. (She did get an A after all :smile: )

So actually, you will have to appear for the AS units again along with the A2 units to achieve an A Level qualification.

Hope that helped.
Reply 21
I already checked with the exam boards before starting the A2 that my AS was still valid, I wouldn't have been able to start the A2 otherwise.

It is still valid until 2010.
Is there any reason why you couldn't just sit new spec AS Human Biology and then do new spec A2 Human Biology? It's probably a good idea to go over all your old AS work anyway in preparation.
Reply 23
Reason being I'm not getting any younger :tongue: I don't want to be spending another year or two in college. I'll be going to university through the NHS next year, either way, but completing the A2 now may save me a year.

And of course I'm going over the AS too, or the synoptic paper will cripple me!

Anyway, I'll see next week if I can resit any AS units in June, otherwise I just have to aim as close to full marks as possible.

Latest