The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Firm: Cambridge (Pembroke) - AA

Oh it's in my sig anyway lol!
Reply 101
My friend FINALLY decided like a week ago after a couple of tense months of deliberation:

Firm: Cambridge (Churchill) AAAA
Insurance: Imperial AAAC

She's pretty happy now she's got that out of the way :smile:
Reply 102
Unconditional Firm: Barts

!!!
Firm: Sheffield AAB
Insurance: Nottingham AAB (with As in Biology and Chemistry)
Didn't notice this thread!!!! oops :s
Cannot wait, just got to get the grades now.....
Now that I'm not a TSR ghost anymore, I feel like I finally have the right to post here!!!

Firm: Nottingham AAB ( A in Bio + Chem)
Insurance: Sheffield AAB

:zomg: I'm still feeling like this lol :zomg:

Just gotta get those damn grades now :eek:
Might as well put me in there...

Firm: Oxford - St. Annes (AAA)
Ins: Nottingham (AAB - A's in Chem and Bio, B in maths)

don't think i'll get into oxford with the way these exams are going, but i can only cross my fingers :smile:
Reply 106
reems23 - Imperial - AAAc.
Reply 107
buck-your-waas
Now that I'm not a TSR ghost anymore, I feel like I finally have the right to post here!!!

Firm: Nottingham AAB ( A in Bio + Chem)
Insurance: Sheffield AAB

:zomg: I'm still feeling like this lol :zomg:

Just gotta get those damn grades now :eek:

Whats the point of having an insurance which has the same grade offer as your firm?
Baki
Whats the point of having an insurance which has the same grade offer as your firm?

my guess is that the insurance choice doesn't specify what the As have to be in.
Reply 109
Medicine Man
my guess is that the insurance choice doesn't specify what the As have to be in.

Maybe, maybe not. :p:
Baki

As Medicine Man said, Sheffield are askin for AAB in any order, unlike Nottingham :smile: And it doesn't feel right declining Med offers so even if the offers were identical i would still use one as an insurance lol :p:
Reply 111
FIRM: University of Birmingham (MEDICINE): AAB (with the grades in any of the subjects I've studied)
INSURANCE: Leicester University (Biological Sciences): ABB (with the grades in any of the subjects I've studied)

Comment: I don't want to do biological sciences, even if I don't get the grades for Medicine :frown:
MHMQ786
Comment: I don't want to do biological sciences, even if I don't get the grades for Medicine :frown:
Where's the logic in putting it down as your insurance then?
!MEna
Where's the logic in putting it down as your insurance then?

I put down biochemistry (and management with a year in industry) at Imperial down as my insurance. At the time I made my firm and insurance choices, i wasn't sure if I'd reapply or apply for grad entry incase I missed my offer so I wanted to leave my options open. The course didn't sound to bad either. Maybe that was the same reasoning for MHMQ786's choice, but maybe grew to hate the course after the decision was made?
Medicine unconditional FIRM - UEA!!!
Insurance - Keele - unconditional!!
Reply 115
Firm - University of Liverpool - A in Biology, A in Chemistry, B in Eng Lang
Insurance - Manchester - AAB in any order
greenjellybean
Medicine unconditional FIRM - UEA!!!
Insurance - Keele - unconditional!!

congrats, i thought you couldn have an insurance choice if your firm was unconditional? :confused:
dances_with_lamposts
congrats, i thought you couldn have an insurance choice if your firm was unconditional? :confused:

You can but theres not a lot of point. Unless omething goes wrong with your med/CRB check for one, you still got a chance with your other one. Though if it goes wrong for one, its likely to b wrong for the other. Anyhoo, its not worth it really and you may be taking someone else's place.
dances_with_lamposts

What AppleandMangoPie said!
Reply 119
some1 update this please

Latest

Trending

Trending