The Student Room Group

Oxford Chemistry Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

TigerJack
Same, 20 applicants at Balliol and we all had 1 interview. Then 16/20 got a second interview at a different college and 4 didn't (including me). I was worried till I saw the other people who only had 1, they were arguably the best there and seemed really confident, argh I don't know what to believe :p:

Oh that sounds really promising :smile: Good luck!
Reply 781
I'm in a similar situation, 20 applicants at Worcester and I was one of the four who didn't have a second interview at another college. Does this bode well for me?
TigerJack
Same, 20 applicants at Balliol and we all had 1 interview. Then 16/20 got a second interview at a different college and 4 didn't (including me). I was worried till I saw the other people who only had 1, they were arguably the best there and seemed really confident, argh I don't know what to believe :p:

In my year, the people who didn't get another one were the people who got in by and large if I remember correctly.
Reply 783
Scoobyben
I'm in a similar situation, 20 applicants at Worcester and I was one of the four who didn't have a second interview at another college. Does this bode well for me?

Me too, but I don't remember seeing you!! I don't think I gave them a reason to give me a FLAT OUT rejection, because I thought it went okay, so HOPEFULLY it means we got offers...
Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 784
I'm the same, I was one of 8 at somerville (out of 14) who DIDN'T get second interviews, now I'm pretty sure we aren't all in as they only offer 8 places as it is and took people from other colleges to interview... I didn't think I did horribly enough to be rejected outright but you never know... But what you've all been saying has made me feel a bit better but I guess we won't know till the letters arrive! Fingers crossed everyone :smile:
16 applicants at Queens and 14 of us got 2nd interviews. Seems a crazy large amount getting second interviews. My letters sent on Monday when everyone else hearing?
I was one of 8 out of 22 at New who didn't get second interviews... I think my interviews went as well as they feasibly could have done though, so I don't know what to expect AT ALL. Oh well, I guess time will tell >.<! Good luck guys :smile:.
Reply 787
the majority of candidates do get a second interview, some people got 3rd interviews. You cant read anything into it
Reply 788
Turdburger
In my year, the people who didn't get another one were the people who got in by and large if I remember correctly.

That may (or may not) have been the way they did it back then, but they're slightly less predictable now, as far as I can tell.
Do we get just the letter when they've made the decision or does Track update as well?
Reply 790
dancing.barefoot
Do we get just the letter when they've made the decision or does Track update as well?

Track won't update until mid-January at least: you'll hear by letter/email/phone first.
Reply 791
Hopefully they would email international applicants. :s-smilie:
ARRRGGGHHHH I GOT IN!!! just got an email from merton! so happy!
Reply 793
theloosegoose

Congrats, are you an intl. applicant?
theloosegoose

OMG congrats ! well done ! :woo:
Reply 795
Just got an offer from Worcester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wish i knew how to do those very happy emoticons on TSR....)
My best friend applied to Bailol, she only had one interview!

TigerJack

My best friend was one of the 4!
Well done future chemists
How are people finding out already? I thought all the letters and emails (for int students) were sent on Monday?
Reply 799
danhirons
How are people finding out already? I thought all the letters and emails (for int students) were sent on Monday?

Different colleges are sending letters at different times. Magdalen sent their letters out yesterday, so some people have heard today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending