Scroll to see replies

Original post by BJack
Has Peter Grout retired yet?

We can all have dreams..... :biggrin:
Original post by BJack

He retires in a few days but I'll still have tutes with him this term
Original post by FlowerFaerie087
*waves* I'm a third year chemist at Univ! I'm loving it, be prepared for four years of awesomeness :smile: xx

:wavey:

Glad you're still enjoying it after two years! I've got maths week at the moment :smile:
Is Trinity college a very popular college for Chemistry?

And also, is it near the science department and like shopping centers?
Reply 1184
Original post by brenda2011
Is Trinity college a very popular college for Chemistry?

And also, is it near the science department and like shopping centers?

1. No.
2. Yes and yes.
Great thanks! I was so worried that Trinity would be oversubscribed I almost decided to apply for another college. (:
Just wondering with interviews coming up, what maths do we need to know for the Chemistry interviews? Basic C3 Differentiation and C4 Integration? Also is there much Physics in the interviews?
Reply 1187
Original post by fudgesundae
Just wondering with interviews coming up, what maths do we need to know for the Chemistry interviews? Basic C3 Differentiation and C4 Integration? Also is there much Physics in the interviews?

The only relevant maths is basic calculus and mechanics. The amount of physics will vary from college to college, and should depend on whether you've studied physics before, but Coulomb's law is quite handy.
Original post by BJack
The only relevant maths is basic calculus and mechanics. The amount of physics will vary from college to college, and should depend on whether you've studied physics before, but Coulomb's law is quite handy.

So if I haven't done Physics, do you doubt I will be asked much beyond GCSE Physics or Mechanics stuff?
Reply 1189
So if I haven't done Physics, do you doubt I will be asked much beyond GCSE Physics or Mechanics stuff?

The whole physics course is taught from scratch once you get here, so it would be unreasonable for the tutors to expect you to have more than GCSE-level knowledge if you haven't studied beyond GCSE.
Original post by BJack
The whole physics course is taught from scratch once you get here, so it would be unreasonable for the tutors to expect you to have more than GCSE-level knowledge if you haven't studied beyond GCSE.

ah ok cool.

I doubt you'll get asked much/if any maths/physics at all in the interviews...i know i wasnt anyway...
Original post by danhirons
I doubt you'll get asked much/if any maths/physics at all in the interviews...i know i wasnt anyway...

kk, thanks!
Anyone know where I can find copies of some of the Oxford Chemistry Primers?
Original post by BJack

Original post by danhirons
We can all have dreams..... :biggrin:

I didn't get the joke..
Does anyone know if it will be three separate interviews (one for physical chemistry, organic and inorganic) or whether it will be one interview ?
Reply 1196
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Does anyone know if it will be three separate interviews (one for physical chemistry, organic and inorganic) or whether it will be one interview ?

It depends on the college.
Original post by cpchem
It depends on the college.

Any idea about Univ ?
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Any idea about Univ ?

Think from what I have read most colleges give you 2 interviews. An organic one and a physical/inorganic one.
Does every applicant for Chemistry get interviewed at 2 different colleges?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending